Ke70 Coilover Play

Hey guys,

I put some front coilovers into my ke70 over the weekend which are made from 51mm corona struts, however the right hand one has a bit of play which causes a knocking noise whenever I drive it, which feels to be coming from the bearing on the camber top.

I'm also getting some spring binding on both coilovers which is not really a massive problem but kind of annoying.

Any ideas of how to fix these issues?

Thanks

Ben

Edited by python08

Members dont see this ad

The bearing cold be a spherical bearing that is worn out or is loose in its housing, could be a press fit or circlip holding it in.

The top section of a coilover needs some design to it, too many people put them together incorrectly which could be the cause

of noises and binding and stuff wearing out quickly. Channel lock pliers can be an economical glant nut tool if the nuts are in good

condition and have some WD40 on the thread.

They're a Techno Toy Tuning (t3) part out of the states. I have the same ones.

https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/ke70/ke70-corollalevin-camber-plates

And these are the needle bearing spring perches/camber plate upper hats that LittleRedSpirit is talking about I believe, correct me if I'm wrong.

https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/ke70/camber-plate-upper-hat-system-ke70-corolla

Yeah that would be an interference fit, just do the same to remove. Heat up plates in oven and then use freeze spray on the bearing and a suitable drift to tap them out.

To install heat plates and put bearings in freezer until they can be tapped in with suiable drift. Just gotta make sure they go in straight using a suitable drift so it doesn't jam

or damage the bearings or housing.