Tore's Wide And Low Ke20

SM Hunter

Hi, as some of you might knew i bought another KE20 a coupple of weeks back.. got it for 10 000 NOK = 1600 aud

got a shit load of pars with it

-2T-GEU in parts

-Trd oil pump

-twin 40 solexes

-T50 gearbox early type so it fits ke20 driveshaft

-2tg to ke20 engine mounts

-4x KN diamond 4x110 rims with tyres

-4x Borbet T 9x16 with 4x semislicks, he payed 1100 aud just for the tires

- 4x orignal wheels with tyres

- a whole new steering in parts, all new busings for the whole car etc..

-a front of another ke20 cut up, almost rust free

-27mm front swaybar

-shortned struts with aw11 dampers

-shorter and stiffer rear dampers

-rear swaybar

-LSD diff ( Phantom grip insert)

-3k with k40 box

-te27 dash with tacho

-te27 heater panel with guages

-1.gen celica steering wheel, center console and dash

- probly loots of other parts i forgot

he was moving out of the country and saw my Rallyrolla and send me a facebook message about his car... such luck! i kind of understand why he picked the buyer of his car, its a beauty and he would like to see it finished.. iv seen a ad on the ned before where he was trying to sell it for 5 times the price...

20150604_145733_zps1v8qkl8g.jpg

getting it home

20150605_161546_zpsgt1srprg.jpg

trying to mock it up..

got a ducktail and flares aswell

587723ff2d7c909145a7608b4b781dda.jpg

and a front spoiler.. tire is just put in under, no suspention

20150605_165054_zpsm0decbpz.jpg

rims, as you see this has been cut in 2.. its now sent for widening, going to add 3 inches :D ---> 12" wide

20150606_204109_zpsvfd3tiqx.jpg

soo today i mounted the entire front suspention ,missing the pitman arm tho, and om broke so i can't afford a new one so ill just wait til i have a bit of money...

there is a lot ofe tire on this car! front is 225, rear is going to be 265!

OVI1cnh5.jpeg

orginal struts, the car came with shortned struts, but the spring holder is also lower so it hits the tire, so i need to move it

about 4mm of clearance betwwen the rim and the strut and 4mm between the spring holder and tire

K1B6MGxO.jpeg

orignal vs shortned with aw11 dampers

Vmt3MlE2.jpeg

needs the lip, low, and my rear rims

MGV3SEk0.jpeg

Edited by SM Hunter

Members dont see this ad

Thanks!

painted the lip and ducktail and washed the car

also cut out the original wheel arches in the right side and put the flares on!

RHJTK3NB.jpeg

orignal vs 265 and as you may spot, a rear swaybar, going to take the diff (LSD) and swaybar and fit to the RallyRolla :)

ZTNnSVla.jpeg

i want my rims back!!!

SlRodGli.jpeg

ducktail pic

TFVyYWNm.jpeg

Edited by SM Hunter

• 4 weeks later...

finally got my shit together and moved the car to the workshop!

first i welded the pitman arm just to be able to move the car arround and figure out where i need to chop the body to clear the tires

need to get a new one as soon as i get some money

VGFnS2dH.jpeg

started welding the rear right arch, the car is on lowring blocks in this pic.. :D lots of space for the 16"

ZTdla3Zk.jpeg

em1HSzFP.jpeg

the reinforcement is missing at this side

aUhyYXFa.jpeg

partly missing here

ZnZLWkZt.jpeg

and about this much of rust...

c2xYS1pO.jpeg

and i need to cut out and reweld this further back, and a part in the front wing as you can see, this is needed when the car is getting lower, i also need to reweld the lowring struts aswell...

SFhhbHlD.jpeg

My friend who is supposed to be welding my rear wheels told me he think he may not be able to do it because its the wrong kind of alloy... dunno how to explain in english..

fuq...

Edited by SM Hunter

yup, taking it to another local welder, this is a guy i don't know personaly so no free welding anymore :(

nahh its pretty rust free actually, just in the front of the doors and arround the frontlights

anywas, diceded to go the Turbo route

i'v gotten hold of a Renault 5 Turbo carb off a 1,4.. a slim intercooler, dump valve , boost controller and boost guage cheap, then i had a friend who has a aftermarket SR20 manifold that I'm going to flip upside down (if its space and its possible) and make a top mount, but i need to make a adapter for the manifold, and carb..

then i have to figure out how to do the vacume advencer for the ignition, and the fuel system, a pump that keeps the pressure 0.25 bars above the boost..?

and where do i take the oil from? get a oil cooler kit and put the lines to the turbo?

the turbo is free, from my brother, he got some spares from his 200sx its a ca18 stock turbo ( T25) he has upgraded his car to T28 so he does not need his T25's anymore

thinking of running like 0.5 to 1 bar.. unsure how much a stock 2T-C can take, how much HP would 0.5 make? and how much would 1 bar make?

first off I'm going to take the 2T scrap block and a trash T50 and wled up some engine mounts, then i have a 2tc head and ill try to make the adapoter plate for the manifold.. lots to do... including gettting a engine and trans... If i get hold of a new type T50 ill use the TA60 tailshaft and TA60 welded diff iv got laying arround...

Really looking forward to this!

found a spare head, and a Turbo, going to be top mounted for the looks and easy to work on.. so the center of the turbo needed to be spun arround 180 degrees to get the oil flowing the right way and the compressor side had to be spun so it faces out of the engine/manifold

27368c7fed03128db96b8f5db730a8d8.jpg

also brought a block, and trans to the shop so i can weld up some engine mounts, then after that i can make a adapter plate for the SR20 manifold that i'v soon got and then we started!

8dde26bc62477a725dff36bf47503cd5.jpg

Edited by SM Hunter

Got my Intecooler, boost controol, bost guage, dump valve, carb and adapter plate today, all new apart form the carb, for only 170 aud!

clpPdy9a.jpeg

adapter

akpHN0N1.jpeg

making some room for the intercooler :)

SWxDMmtK.jpeg

found out the front end has widened.. look at the holes not lining up..

Q21EanFL.jpeg

making it fit

QnQrb1Rj.jpeg

chopped out the sttel and the IC fits snuggly

RTJnMVVw.jpeg

made up some brackets for the IC

QVZBYzFX.jpeg

a3EzZ2NB.jpeg

dat exhaust manifold

NTY0Tytl.jpeg

need to buy some universal rubber engine mounts and weld up some motor mounts, theese are form a Carina TA40, the engine is sitting too high..

MllFNlhS.jpeg

Turbo carb

ZzYvWlB6.jpeg

bXNtWUpu.jpeg

Edited by SM Hunter

Score! bought a 2T-B going to pick it up in the weekend, its from a TA22 1972, is it the 105hp version? anyways that is going into the rallyrolla, then the 2T-C i got there is going into this! due to this got high compression and twin carb- No go for turbo... the 2tc is low compression and has 1 carb, and that carbs bogs anyways, since i only have 1 turbo carb its perfect!

YlFtTHdX.jpeg

i also welded up the other rear arch :) almost finished but the back was getting ill after welding so much in wierd possisions so ill finish it next time :)

M3FUUDRO.jpeg

Edited by SM Hunter

test fitted the headlamps, i love the look of the inetcooler! thinking of going with with no grill... need to get some piping for the intercooler aswell...

192dd050abd77a0647047b843f0cd046.jpg

e75b5d48debd765ae07e97beb3455ecb.jpg

new top plates and Roll center adjusters from techno toy tuning

f786ff5f3f476e34c02127752612456e.jpg

need to modify the low and stiff struts to take the wide wheels

7183ca827f43b2cf8478002d69f41899.jpg

"you got so much offset you can fit twins under there" is something iv been told from friends... and, yeah i can!

80696eca4c068ffd86a9ff7dd197d13c.jpg

scored this for free today! dubble action vacume clock for the igintion, pulls on vacume and pushes when pressurised, then a holder for the spring in the front and a stainless tube for the IC if i can't get hold of alu :)

dnNCT09x.jpeg

bought this for the rally rolla a 2T-B, then I'm using the engine from the rallyrolla in this a 2T-C :)

now i got T50's for both of them! also got ta22 struts,tailshaft and rear axle!

eUpHeFhk.jpeg

all welded together, not much of a spring left

eDcvYlZR.jpeg

hmm height looks good

cHFTWW5G.jpeg

i can probly get the flare to sit a bit lower to make it look more "stance" but the new struts made a lot of diffrence!

Z0lxdWdG.jpeg

Edited by SM Hunter