May 1, 201610 yr comment_704347 Wow wish I had that amount of spare time. I hope that strut brace has pride of place somewhere in your shed. Report
May 27, 201610 yr Author comment_704732 OK so its been a month and 8 days since i bought the car and i have been working between 10-13 hours a day on it with only 2 day off. I rewired the whole car again as a few plans changed. The underlay and carpet went down after relocating the battery behind the drivers seat. I'm not running back seats as iv decided to make a timber deck. Stock seats went in and threw some covers over them (for now anyway) All panels got finished off and put back on. While i was waiting my wheels, Boss kit, Stereo, radiator and other bits arrived. Leaving ne absolutly no time to relax i got stuck into it all. I refurbished the Work Equip 01 Wheels while i was waiting for odd bits to dry. 14x7.5 -4 all round with 185/60 rubber Here are some pics of how shes sitting today Report
May 27, 201610 yr Author comment_704734 Here is a few shots of the triple core and thermos going in A little bit needed to be trimmed off the bottom and i switched the thermo stat housing 180 degrees. I then realized i needed to make a new plate as the housing is slightly offset by a few mm. And custom piping was in order to make it work Report
May 27, 201610 yr Author comment_704736 Here is some shots of the polishing stages and tires. i decided to leave the spokes in a brushed alloy look for a bit of contrast Report
May 27, 201610 yr Author comment_704737 A few bits i wasn't happy with so i tackled them before i forgot about them. rewired the thermos. bought a new belt and realized it was the wrong on so took it back and got the right one. New head light bulbs. Report
May 27, 201610 yr Author comment_704739 So this was a fun job and the girl was happy that she could be involved with this one as she got to come to the fabric shop with me. yes you guessed right DOOR CARDS. Here are some pics Report
May 27, 201610 yr Author comment_704741 burnt out my bushings and replaced all front end bushes. i even received my bride material for a little sneaky something iv got planned Report
May 27, 201610 yr Author comment_704742 here are some pics of her out on the road today and a couple in my shed Report
May 27, 201610 yr Author comment_704743 I absolutely hated the way it drove :( It was loose and floppy and totally gutless Although i am comparing it to my 500hp zed Never the less The hunt was on for a new heart for the beast. last night my girl and i were on our way to pick up my new engine. Woke up this morning and teared it all apart ready for the machine shop Monday morning. Here are some pics of the engine totally disassembled on one table. Report
May 28, 201610 yr comment_704757 I don't think I've ever seen a car built so quick, good on ya! New engine should be a little improvement over the 50 odd previous horses, Cheers! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now