Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke35 4Age Conversion

Featured Replies

Hi All,

 

I have recently purchased a Ke35 and will be getting my P's (Australian licence for 17 year olds) and am looking to put a 4age in. I have seen people posting about putting a 4age into Ke70's and Ke55's with an AE71 conversion as well. I am just wondering as I am quite new to the world of Corolla's if it is an easy conversion to put a 4age in my 35 and what I will need to do to make it possible. Wanting to make this thing as unique as possible.

 

Thanks all.

Depending on what state you reside in there's a very high chance that you won't be allowed to drive a vehicle that has been engine-swapped.

I would started by checking this information before hunting any type of build information. :)

 

By 17 as driving age you may be from Queensland in which case Highway Patrol will happily go balls deep with no lube for driving an engine-swapped car.

Its not as hard as any other twin-cam engine swap. However, while on your P's just start to assemble the parts needed as the man who is not in a hurry always gets the best bargains.

 

There are lists up on here of what you need, the major ones being the engine gearbox and cross-members, but you will also need fuel pumps, an exhaust, a cat muffler, radiators & fans, an air box, a COR relay box and a lot of planning. Get it listed out with an idea of the prices, then keep an eye out for a bargain.

 

Check out 'the girls KE70' as my conversion will be one of the most recent, and go through the KE35/KE55 builds for what people did.

 

There's no way to shortcut it unfortunately, you need it engineered and insured and that won't happen on your P's.

  • Author

thanks guys, this has been very helpful. I think I'll keep my ass how it is; untouched by big men in commodores.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.