Ke20 3K Won't Turn Over

aidanmyles

Hi guys, just installed a new battery and added new terminals to accommodate the larger posts of the new/larger battery. Now the bloody thing won't turn over. All the lights/indicators have power, all dash lights come on and there's a single click sound when I turn the ignition. Any ideas to help me trouble shoot? There is a crack in one of the terminals, because I over tightened it, but it's still attached solid. I don't have a voltage meter at the moment.

Members dont see this ad

Just make sure the click is coming from the solenoid that sits on the starter motor. Then it looks like its a starter problem, as the solenoid should be providing 12V to the starter when you hear that click. Maybe it was a starter problem that prompted you to replace the battery?

Lean under the exhaust and see if the main wire from the battery to the starter is tight. If it is & the battery terminals are OK then its time to pull the starter out. Its in the worst place possible to get at of course!

Really appreciate the tips guys.m Further info, the only change (apart from the battery and terminals) has been that earths and parts were removed from the walls for painting and then replaced. I got a meter for the battery as well, it's @ 12.57 volts, seems legit. I'll check out that tutorial Ninja, cheers. I can't believe how difficult the start is to get to! Ridiculous!

haha! yep! But if you persevere and get it out you will know for next time. Otherwise the mechanic will be emptying your wallet many times over!

Have you got those nice new ratchet ring spanners? A socket set with a universal joint in it?? It is possible, (every time you take the gearbox out for a clutch you'll have to do it..) but you'll just have to get the tools that suit the way you want to do it.

Thanks for all the advice guys - problem solved. 100% overlooked (as usual)!!

The positive for my starter was a black wire and I had connected it to my negative post instead of positive. Thank god I didnt go past disconnecting my carb, I would've been so F'een pissed. I did order new gaskets for once I got the manifold off, but meh. They'll come in handy one day.