Ke55 Passenger Side Mirror

Big G

Hey guys

Just a question of a cosmetic nature. I have finally finished getting my daughters KE55 hardtop complete and on the road for her. Just in the nick of time as she got her license last week. My question is do genuine passenger side mirrors exist, were they an optional extra, and is there securing nuts welded to the inside of the door skin the same as the drivers side. For safety I would like her to have a second mirror but she wants to keep it looking as original as possible. Any info on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Members dont see this ad

I have gone to wise and powerful google and checked out images of lite ace vehicles and the mirrors don t look too similar and the mounting brackets are shaped to fit the profile of the door which is different to that of the KE55. There are some for sale on Ebay out of Thailand that are a completely different shape which displeases the princess. So any other bright ideas would be most welcome.

..... which displeases the princess.....

Haha that made me laugh.

I can't help with the mirror though i am afraid. Unless you come across a pair of mirrors off another car that suit the ke35 then you can just swap both on.

But as mentioned, need to please the princess.

There is genuine corolla ones, they came on xx model 55 coupes and some other full spec wagons etc. I used to have a 38 with a/c and a passenger side mirror. Bloody rare though. For a genuine one expect to pay at least $100.

She might just have to except aftermarket as you could get a pair for much less.... or go all jdm and get some fender mirrors. :rolls:

Oh no when she has seen those pics my life will be nothing but trolling the internet to find one or a matching set. I will widen my search overseas. i have noticed that some interesting bits and pieces come out of that area. Wish me luck fellow rolla fans. I will keep you posted on my progress in case i discover the lost garage of rolla spares somewhere out there.