May 25, 20179 yr comment_709735 Hey guys, I've been lurking here a while and finally thought it's time to post a proper thread! This story starts on the 3rd of October 2016, a day before my 16th birthday. For around 3 years I was looking for an r32 Skyline until I was convinced by my dad that a Skyline was the last car I'd want on my Ps, I knew he was right so I went on the hunt for a RWD, nice looking car that had that "cool factor" So I searched for a corolla for about a week and this popped up. Started as a full granny spec ke30, everything original and on the 3/10/16 I went to have a look. Instantly fell in love and went home very happy. Came with original papers, service history and warranty! The interior is very clean, however has the generic dash cracks. Only a few small rust spots that will be soon fixed. It also came with a welded diff, pain in the butt, I'm looking for another but finding it hard. Things I've done: - Hayashi TVRs 14x7 -7 - Michelin Energy XM2s - Tacho in clock hole - 1800w Sony subwoofer - 800w Kenwood amp - Sony Xplod 3 way speakers - JVC headunit - New coil - Refurbished the carby - And just a general tune up Things to be done: - Lowered by 2in back, 2in front. ✓ -Fender Mirrors ✓ - Full 2in exhaust with dual 2/2.5in blastpipes ✓ - Full respray (paint is very poor) - Duck tail - Front splitter ✓ - and generally just tidy it up Edited October 7, 20178 yr by SloRolla Report
May 25, 20179 yr Author comment_709744 43 minutes ago, ke70dave said: Love it:) is it manual? Of course! Stock as a rock 3K with a K40 Report
May 26, 20179 yr Author comment_709763 2 hours ago, No_lag_here said: Nice little rolla mate good score Cheers mate Report
May 27, 20179 yr Author comment_709790 47 minutes ago, Clapped out said: Be good to watch the progress on this one! Cheers bro, it's gonna be pretty slow progress cause of $$$. Report
June 14, 20179 yr Author comment_710092 Just a small update while I'm getting the funds for bigger things. I managed to snag a set of 2" blast pipes brand new for $75 and should arrive on Friday or tomorrow. Also got an old wheel from our RV tarago and thought it looked good. However, it'll need a re-trim and clean up. Edited June 14, 20179 yr by SloRolla Report
June 15, 20179 yr comment_710104 That torago wheel does look good, nice score. Does the indicator cancel work? I'm not sure how much blasting a 3k is gonna do, but will at least look shiny on your car:D Report
June 15, 20179 yr Author comment_710108 2 hours ago, ke70dave said: That torago wheel does look good, nice score. Does the indicator cancel work? I'm not sure how much blasting a 3k is gonna do, but will at least look shiny on your car:D The cancel works like a charm! I just got them because they were cheap and look better (personally) to a cannon or droopy. And in like 3 years when I build a cammed 5k or 4AGE it'll sound a little better :D Report
July 26, 20179 yr comment_710619 Nice car mate. Ref: the dash cracks. If you are in Nsw there is a bloke out Richmond way near Sydney who will refoam and repad the dash with standard style vinyl in a few colours for $450ish. Regards Mac Report
August 8, 20179 yr Author comment_710784 On 7/26/2017 at 0:10 PM, maccat01 said: Nice car mate. Ref: the dash cracks. If you are in Nsw there is a bloke out Richmond way near Sydney who will refoam and repad the dash with standard style vinyl in a few colours for $450ish. Regards Mac Yeah cheers man, at this point in time $450 is a bit of a stretch. Focusing on a few other bits and pieces first. Report
August 8, 20179 yr Author comment_710785 Little bit of progress over the past month or so, mainly just getting the funds. I also put on the blast pipes I got, (just on the end of the stock set up until I get a full 2") Also, I got some Kings Super Lows, however, I need some shorter stroke shocks to keep them captive. Any recommendations? Report
September 3, 20179 yr Author comment_711160 Managed to put the front springs in and I'm very happy with the out come :) I also got a lip from eBay, however it sat like junk so we shaved it down to sides and now wraps around nicely. Report
October 7, 20178 yr Author comment_711623 A snap from ToyotaFest! I got the fender mirrors a week or two before the show It was my first event and I loved every minute! A guy there was selling some roof racks so I picked them up, and I think they look great! And I also got my Ps! First time, and the corolla took me on the test and got me 95% of my hours! Edited October 7, 20178 yr by SloRolla Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now