Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Electronic Distributor

Featured Replies

  • Author

I spoke to Steve at robroy yesterday and more than likely he has a kit suitable for the Bosch dizzy. I just have to send him some pics to confirm the layout. So watch this space.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Hi Graeme,                      Agree with everything Pete has said above.  I to am a traditionalist, to some extent, & the simplest, & most effective way to remove the issue of the point

Posted Images

Good luck Pete !   Silicon Chip don't usually tell you what they have got in the pipeline, until the month before.

The only thing that would be a welcome upgrade would be a PC interface, so you could set the programmable  ignition up, without the hand controller.

That said, once you get the advance curve right, the controller is not needed again, unless you want to use it as a real-time readout.  With the knock sensor and it's ability to retard at first sign of detonation, you can really give it a fair amount of advance, & then note the operational points, where the knock sensor activates, & then back off the map in that area. 

I read an article by Julian Edgar, (whom I believe was involved with John Clark at Silicon Chip, in the original design of this project) about using a simple acoustic pickup with amplifier & headphones to pick up the onset of detonation. Julian has always advocated that the two best tools for tuning a car on the road is the acoustic detonation device, & a O2 sensor with dash readout.  His articles on AutoSpeed are always a good read.

Cheers Banjo

 

 

Hi Graeme,           

If RobRoy can't help, or their solution involves hacking your existing dizzy too much, another alternative is to get another DENSO 3K dizzy, & fit the Accuspark to it.

I've got a really good 3K dizzy you can have, if needs be, like the one pictured earlier in this thread.  The 3K dizzy is a lot smaller than the Bosch dizzies, so is really neat.

Cheers Banjo

  • Author

Hey Banjo  thanks for the offer I will see what Steve comes back with and let you know how I go. I went to Underwood Jaycar yesterday as it was the only local store that had any in stock when I got there the stock they had was 1 and someone had reserved it. They do have a new improved model at $55. So when I get the dizzy organised I will look into the ignition further. I don't want it to get bigger than ben hur.

banjo i hope those last 2 that you got were so u could take them apart and copy them for us all!

I honestly wouldn’t bother with that other jaycar kit for princesses car. Just go with the points replacement, and as Banjo says, a nippondenso distributor as a direct replacement is always an easy option rather than modifying or customising something to fit the Bosch dizzy. 

 

 

 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.