Cheapest k engine parts you will ever see

rebuilder86

https://store.rytparts.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&q=toyota+4k

divide the prices by about 38, and thats your AUD.

Full set of valves,  $30 dollars
Set of std pistons, D dish with valve reliefs, (commonly for 4K-U or EFI 4K-E) $42
Full rebuild kit, including, pistons and pins, rings, cylinder liners, bearings, gaskets $182 hahahah!!!!!
Camshaft bearings, $6
Cheap n nasty points type dizzy, $27
Carburetor, $77
Head gasket $4.50
Carby rebuild kits, $6

Members dont see this ad

Things like the dizzy or the carby are absolutely terrible haha but for the price I consider it good value. Its all chinese made and not really comparable to genuine, but for those who need cheap replacements, this country is the go to place.
The bearings and pistons and gaskets are all fine and claim to be made in the US, FEDERAL MOGUL.
The truth is, we just get screwed in Australia.
And in complete contrast the otehrt end of the spectrum, here, everyone is paid chips, from the office worker who orders it, to the port worker who unloads the container. These old engines are just so common here, that the common regular bulk order from china makes it insanely cheap compared to what we get in aus.

Edited by rebuilder86

actualyl i take that back, i have this exact carby ( the 3k-4k one) https://store.rytparts.com/carburetor-fits-toyota-corolla-lite-ace-forklift-3k-4k.html,
and it hasnt given me any problems in the 2 years ive had it.

I've also used their valve stem seals (no issues in 2 years)
and their sump gasket (no issues)

I really wish they had spark plug tubes. mine have disintegrated and i suspect its causing issues with crap getting into the oil sump.

Edited by rebuilder86

Good advice Keith !   Spark Plug tubes are the bane of a lot of K series engine owners.

Someone on Rollaclub posted they purchased a set of 4 from Toyota, & they were near nearly $ 90.00.  Ouch !  A few grams of aluminium & 4 rubber washers/seals.

Cheers Banjo

yes they are the source of all the 5ks  i talk of. I'm grnhinely trying to work out a way to economically get a whole lot of them,  just the blocks and pistons amd crankshaft and camshaft assemblies into boxes and shipped to Perth. 

the balikbayan service is actually designed to go the opposite, from aus to philippines, so I'm trying to work out if any of the smaller services can do the reveerae trip.

• Upvote 1

this is how I'm thinking of doing it.

quote from bmexpress.com website

reverse cargo services

Sea Cargo – Port to Port

$250 per BM Jumbo Balikbayan box
Manila to Australian Port Only –The Receiver has the responsibility to release the boxes thru Australian Customs.
*BM will provide the documents and instructions on how to release the boxes

Min Volume – 3 Boxes (No Weight Limit)
Delivery Timeframe – 4-5 weeks

Reciever must pick up boxes from the agents warehouse in Australia

Restricted Items – Dangerous goods, Perishable Items, Items of wooden material, Commercial and newly purchased items are subject to taxes and duties.

yeh if i do large quantaties, authorities will raise eyelids. I'm more inclined to just help out 3 people at a time and bring over 3 as a personal shipment once a year. the liteace 5k is also here, but most of them are dead now, but those tamaraws are everywhere, and many of them still have running 5ks in them