Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

K50 into 5k Ka67 Carina? Manual Swap.

Featured Replies

Hey guys just recently brought my 1987 Ka67 AUTOMATIC Toyota Carina for a steal. 

Its running a 5k 3 speed automatic box and was curious to see if a k50 manual would bolt up to it?  

If so, what pedal box can i use to operate the clutch which was never there? 

I know its not a corolla, but i thought I'd give it a shot, sick of the crummy auto box already! Cheers! 

IMG_20180401_175238.jpg

  • Author

Here's a picture of the current two pedal box, sorry its a bit dark. I was hoping a ke70 or even a Corona Pedal box would mount up with little modification. Kp60 definitely wouldn't work as the pedal arm for the clutch wouldn't clear the steering shaft from the wheel to the rack(unsure of what term to use here lol having a blank) 

IMG_20180407_151535.jpg

  • Author

I've read somewhere that the ka67 factory manual came out with the t40 sitting behind the mighty 5k, if this is correct would i have to go hydraulic clutch set up? 

Really want to swap this to manual as cheap as possible. 

Go see Sheldon at rush automotive in Oamaru. He's the man

The KE70 just tacks a clutch onto the side of the brake pedal mounting, and the clutch pedal arm has a massive bow in it to get down past the steering just like the brake arm.

  • Author
3 hours ago, altezzaclub said:

The KE70 just tacks a clutch onto the side of the brake pedal mounting, and the clutch pedal arm has a massive bow in it to get down past the steering just like the brake arm.

So you're saying a modded ke70 box would work? I'm just over thinking this  probably, just need to get in there and buy one

  • Author
2 minutes ago, MrTougéTka said:

So you're saying a modded ke70 box would work? I'm just over thinking this  probably, just need to get in there and buy one

I got offered this for 10 bucks? 

Screenshot_20180408-230225.png

You’ll probably need to pull it out for comparison to know what you’re looking at

 

Aren’t the carina based on a corona platform so an st141/ rt142 pedalbox May be the closest? Although they are hydraulic. 

  • Author
9 hours ago, Jono.C said:

You’ll probably need to pull it out for comparison to know what you’re looking at

 

Aren’t the carina based on a corona platform so an st141/ rt142 pedalbox May be the closest? Although they are hydraulic. 

Yeah thats what i reckon, or so I've heard. I'll get it legal before i rip it to bits, its going for a warrant this week so after that I'll rip the kent out! 

That looks like a stock KE70 pedal setup.

Here's my 5K manual setup, converted from auto also.

5acab5041b389_Hoonicornspedals.thumb.jpg.18bc05f2d36aa20d7055a8e06f4f82e0.jpg

Here's my other KE70, pedals from an AE71 so it is hydraulic for the T50. Quite different, but bolts straight in.

5acab50a520d5_Beastspedals.thumb.jpg.3658cae2b118c73a813dfb776a957be0.jpg

  • Author
9 hours ago, altezzaclub said:

That looks like a stock KE70 pedal setup.

Here's my 5K manual setup, converted from auto also.

5acab5041b389_Hoonicornspedals.thumb.jpg.18bc05f2d36aa20d7055a8e06f4f82e0.jpg

Here's my other KE70, pedals from an AE71 so it is hydraulic for the T50. Quite different, but bolts straight in.

5acab50a520d5_Beastspedals.thumb.jpg.3658cae2b118c73a813dfb776a957be0.jpg

Yeah so I'm guessing I'd need to go t series tranny and hydraulic clutch setup by the looks of that, 

Well, its worth giving it a try. The pedal arms are 37mm apart, and it looks like the carina has that much room.

5acc091a90d9f_Carinaclutchpedal.thumb.jpg.8dd519848c24a1a9c01c7374a4a46637.jpg

 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.