July 17, 20188 yr comment_715029 Fellas, Does anyone know where i could find a Vacuum Diagram for the 3k and 4k engines? Report
July 18, 20188 yr comment_715032 Oh I hate all those little rubber hoses that go hard & crack & leak ! What a nightmare to test all those little actuators, & one way valves. Came across one once so bad, I ripped all the "decrepit" hoses off to replace them, only to find someone had placed a ball bearing tightly in each hose, to make it look right, but totally inoperable. Cheers Banjo Report
July 18, 20188 yr comment_715033 44 minutes ago, Banjo said: Oh I hate all those little rubber hoses that go hard & crack & leak ! What a nightmare to test all those little actuators, & one way valves. Came across one once so bad, I ripped all the "decrepit" hoses off to replace them, only to find someone had placed a ball bearing tightly in each hose, to make it look right, but totally inoperable. Cheers Banjo I've read about that. It was a way to trick the cops so you didn't get a defect notice for not having every factory. Report
July 19, 20188 yr comment_715050 You would have to get a very savy cop to even know what a vacuum line was! In my limited experience the 3k and 4k carbies are different. the 3k one has like 2 vaccum ports and the 4k has about eleventy billion. I put a 3k carby on my 4k years ago to remove all the vac lines, looked factory cause it was:) Report
July 20, 20188 yr comment_715051 Hi Dave, You've always been a great innovator ! I like it ! Cheers Banjo Report
July 20, 20188 yr comment_715052 Haha yep. That was back when wreckers were full of 3ks and 4ks. These days you'd be lucky to find any. Though i made the mistake of not putting the 4k jets in the 3k carby. It ran fine but i reckon it was a bit lean up top. 1.2L vs 1.3L not much difference but i think enough to require bigger jets in the 3k carby. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now