evilbetty

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep mine are raised, and mine is a KE55 one. The KE30 clusters odometer only went up to 99 999 where mine, KE55, goes up to 999 999. My KE30 was towards the end of KE30's so it has alot of KE55 in it like the dash, cluster & dif.

Work died.

With the raised lettered KE55 cluster, I just took it all apart, spray painted the faces of the gauges, and then went over the needles, and the letters and the numbers with a tiny paint brush. It was a pain in the ass, but well worth it.

I then bought more powerful globes for the dash, and blue "socks" for the globes, and at night it looks unreal (I will get a night pic soon)

I painted my faces sky blue, as that was the colour of my old Square headlight KE55, and had spare paint left over. White would look just as good.

hay rola boy that gauge cluster is awsum!!! i might have to have a go at doing that myself!!!,

anyway guys heres a bit of a update its not much just a couple of things ive been doing .....

first is as a said last week id give it a go and i did,i put a small 2 inch tacho in the place of the clock, it wasnt to hard just a little bittle of modification and fiddling and i got it in there fitting pretty nice,looks good ,heres a quick basic on how i did it......

ths pic is he cluster and the proposed new gauge,its tiny!!!! hahahha

pitty about these picks to,i was doing it ar night and my camera isnt the best...........

post-1560-1150534702_thumb.jpg

heres where the gauge is going.......

i removed the clock and tryed fitting the gauge straight in,but didnt fit so had to mod it a bit with a dremel ,just grinded out the plastic till the tacho fitted , then stuck the tacho in and wola beautiful its in ,only other thing i had to do was mod the dash board fasica thingy as the new gauges bezel stuck out a bit ,so a bit more choping and it all fits well...............

post-1560-1150535462_thumb.jpg