5k In Ke70

mitch13

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a good daily driver at low cost I sure like my set up in a KE70.

Just a 5K with a 20-60 cam, same old carb, same exhaust. Still has good pulling power at the low end for traffic, and good economy - 12km/litre. But when you need to get up and go, it really winds from 60 to 100km in third - great for hills and getting onto the freeway! Cost $120 for the cam (Tighe), no changes needed to the lifters or rocker gear, and a really good improvement on the stock 5K.

Hmmmmmm, all this talk of 5k's has got me back thinking i want one :hmm: might pop back down to the wrecker on the weekend armed with my "how to spot a 5k" knowledge and see how we go :y: I've got a 32/36 so if i do get a 5k i'll wack that on and get it jetted to suit i guess

Looks like I'm gonna pick up a T-18 "wreck" on the weekend....which means i'll be wacking the 3T-C in the ke70 :) Just gotta check it out on the weekend and with anyluck i'll be bringing her home. Only missing the diff, and will see pics tonight! We'll be able to compare engine conversions mate and go through all the frustration togehter :lolcry:

Yeah, will do mate! First job is to check it out, then rip her out, give it a slight rebuild and cleanup and then put her in the ke70! Will keep ya all posted (will start a new topic though so i don't hijack yours anymore seeing as though I'm not doin the 5k thing :lolcry:). Will keep my eyes peeled on this one too! :)