5k In Ke70

mitch13

What works better on a 5K, 28/36 DCD or 32/36 weber.

i'd go for a DCD myself. you have to find a decent one first though.

a 32/36 DGV should work ok on a 5k. much easier to find. maybe drop the idle jets down a size and go from there. heaps more of these things floating around to choose from.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found this info in an ebay ad of all places hope it helps

"Toyota Lite-Ace 1.5 (KM30/31/36) (5K engine), from October 1985 to December 1991

Toyota Lite-Ace 1.5 (KR21/27) (5K engine), from January 1991 to January 1995"

i'd go for a DCD myself. you have to find a decent one first though.

a 32/36 DGV should work ok on a 5k. much easier to find. maybe drop the idle jets down a size and go from there. heaps more of these things floating around to choose from.

Hey what is a DCD weber

a 28/36 DCD weber is a 2 barrel asynchronous downdraft carb. they came standard on mk1 1500GT cortinas and some other european cars such as fiats during the early to late 60's.

great for performance/economy street applications. very tunable for different engine sizes, having replacable venturis (much like a DCOE). they are similarish to a DGV, though the DGV isn't anywhere near as flexible/tunable having fixed venturi size.

you can get a smaller 32/32 DGV with 23/24mm venturis. they are far less common than the 32/36 DGV which has 26/27mm venturis.

a 28/36 DCD weber is a 2 barrel asynchronous downdraft carb. they came standard on mk1 1500GT cortinas and some other european cars such as fiats during the early to late 60's.

great for performance/economy street applications. very tunable for different engine sizes, having replacable venturis (much like a DCOE). they are similarish to a DGV, though the DGV isn't anywhere near as flexible/tunable having fixed venturi size.

you can get a smaller 32/32 DGV with 23/24mm venturis. they are far less common than the 32/36 DGV which has 26/27mm venturis.

Guess what ,i have one. The primaries and secondary's open together joind by gears.

If thats it then i have one.

• 2 weeks later...

Started on the conversion today. Got all the fluids drained out of the 4K and took the cooling system out so i don't damage the radiator. Hoping to get the 4K out tomorrow.

I took the car out for one last spin today and timed it down a stretch of road so i can see if theres any difference between motors, Haha. It would have been funny to me with L plates on and my dad sitting next to me with a stop watch.

took the car out for one last spin today and timed it down a stretch of road so i can see if theres any difference between motors, Haha. It would have been funny to me with L plates on and my dad sitting next to me with a stop watch.

hehehehe thats brilliant :lolcry:

hope you gave him a big masculine hug, dads like that are hard to come by :hammer:

took the car out for one last spin today and timed it down a stretch of road so i can see if theres any difference between motors, Haha. It would have been funny to me with L plates on and my dad sitting next to me with a stop watch.
Thats bloody hilarious! :P Like loveke said, he deserves a masuline hug for that! looking forward to seeing pictures of the completed conversion! hope all goes well with it!

Would it make any difference to anything if i put that heat sheild wrap stuff around the exhaust manifold to keep the inlet a bit cooler?

In my opinion, yes, it makes a WORLD of difference. Alot of people will tell you youre gonna crack the extractors etc which IMO is bullshit. I drove for 2 years with wrap on my 2Ts extractors and had them glowing red hot several times after some spirited driving and they never showed any hints of cracking.