5k In Ke70

mitch13

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, thanks felix! off to the wrecker on sunday with my mate, his dad's landcruiser and a shitload of tools :jamie: , so hopefully we bring home some goodies! If i get it i'll concentrate on just getting it in and seein how it goes before i do any internals like solid lifters and reground cams etc ;) Will try the 32/36 on it too and see how that goes, and if its no good i'll swap it with something. Thanks boys, and if ya got any more suggestions get em up here! :dance:

No luck on my front with getting the 5k i've been talking about :dance: Searched the yard but couldnt come up with anything. Alot of 4k's, but no 5ks from what we could see. Is there any EASY way to distinguish a 5k from a 4k without being able to see the stamp on the engine? :D Looks like the 4k might be staying in, with extractors, cam and new gaskets on the way i reckon.

Cool, thanks for that felix! :dance: Checked all the plates on the cars there and they were all 4k's or 3Y's i think (in the liteace's). Is it going to be possible to see the stamp on them (the engine) if they're still in the car? Mite go back out there sometime armed with this knowledge and have another look, and if no luck then i'll share where it is :P Looking like it'll be a mild worked 4k sticking around though (though i did dig up my old conversion question thread where nick suggested a 3tc out of a t18....... :D).

How much do descent 5ks usually sell for

My research around adelaide indicated that those places who had one/could get one wanted about $1200 for a fully recon engine. Then there's other "pick and payless" kinda places that only want $200 if they've got it in a car in the yard and you pull it yourself. Seem to be a few coming up on here lately though so that may be your best bet. For the time being I'm just gonna wack the weber on the 4k and see how that goes, then reassess the situation again.....keep us updated on how ya go mitch :dance:

How'd the weber go on the 4K turbo rolla?
Havent got it on yet mate :dance: recently got new suspension so i've been trying to get that in (doing my head in..... :lolcry:). Hoping to get it in probably next week, but it'll probably need a kit through it too....will post up once she's on! :abuse: