5k In Ke70

mitch13

I hav 5spd manual(k50), KE70 with a 4k-c. Jus wanted to kno if it would be worth it to put a 5k into it. what sort of power upgrade should i expect if i put a 5k with sum sort of carby upgrade in it. Is it worth doing and what would else, besides the motor would i need to do conversion.

Any help or info would be appreciated. THANKS

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5K is the easiest conversion for a KE70 if you want a little bit more power. Have you read the FAQ at all? Should have all the information you would ever need in there.. I can't exactly tell you what you will need because all conversions differ depending on a bunch of different factors.

* How much money you have

* How much power you want

* What do you want to achieve by the conversion

* How much time you have to do the conversion

etc etc.

Stock 5K motor doesn't have *that* much more power but you will notice the increased torque. Don't get me wrong they have potential if you set them up right.

In the end it comes down to what you really want, You have to make a decision as at the end of the day you will be the one driving it.

Thanks medecine man. I want as much as i can get out of it for as little money as possible but am prepared to spend the money that is required. what sort of carby would u recomend? I'm gonna slowly get parts together n hopefully get the conversion done in early october. I wonna make my rolla slide.

If you want to make it slide you will need to put a 4AGE in it. Don't waste your money on a 5K

Plenty of info on the FAQ about converting a FWD 4AGE to RWD configuration, Just you will need more parts for the conversion.

Also for a 5K motor a nice set of twincarb dellorto DHLA 40s or similar will do the trick, But don't expect much change from $1000...

Thought bout it n jus gonna hav the KE as a quick daily driver. So I'm gonna 5K it n do a bit of work on it the sell it wen i get off my Ps n buy sumtihng with a lot more power. But for now my KE wil do. I'm gonna be after 5K parts to put in the KE fairly soon so if uz can keep ur eyes open for me it wil be appreciated.

Stuff like the engine, extractors, carbies etc etc n possibly suspension componets to make it handle.

Thanks for ur help evryone