July 8, 200620 yr comment_127433 Good work mate! Let us know how you go with the install :dance: Report
July 10, 200620 yr comment_127662 For a good daily driver at low cost I sure like my set up in a KE70. Just a 5K with a 20-60 cam, same old carb, same exhaust. Still has good pulling power at the low end for traffic, and good economy - 12km/litre. But when you need to get up and go, it really winds from 60 to 100km in third - great for hills and getting onto the freeway! Cost $120 for the cam (Tighe), no changes needed to the lifters or rocker gear, and a really good improvement on the stock 5K. Report
July 10, 200620 yr Author comment_127663 Are 4K and 5K inlet manifolds and exhaust manifolds the same? Report
July 10, 200620 yr comment_127760 I mean will my 4K manifolds fit on my 5K? yes. normally K engine stuff is interchangable Report
July 10, 200620 yr comment_127761 I have all the 4K stuff on my 5K, manifolds, carby (actually it's a 3K carby) etc....Looks like I will be able to get away without having to sell my 5K now :hmm: Report
July 10, 200620 yr Author comment_127778 Thanks for that. I thought all of it could go on all the K engines but just wanted to double check. Report
July 10, 200620 yr Author comment_127790 Ok what bout this carby, WEBER 32 DFM, or should i get the 32/36. Report
July 10, 200620 yr comment_127798 Hmmmmmm, all this talk of 5k's has got me back thinking i want one :hmm: might pop back down to the wrecker on the weekend armed with my "how to spot a 5k" knowledge and see how we go :y: I've got a 32/36 so if i do get a 5k i'll wack that on and get it jetted to suit i guess Report
July 12, 200620 yr comment_128168 Looks like I'm gonna pick up a T-18 "wreck" on the weekend....which means i'll be wacking the 3T-C in the ke70 :) Just gotta check it out on the weekend and with anyluck i'll be bringing her home. Only missing the diff, and will see pics tonight! We'll be able to compare engine conversions mate and go through all the frustration togehter :lolcry: Report
July 12, 200620 yr Author comment_128207 Haha hopefully wont be to much frustration. Good luck mate. Report
July 12, 200620 yr comment_128228 Yeah, will do mate! First job is to check it out, then rip her out, give it a slight rebuild and cleanup and then put her in the ke70! Will keep ya all posted (will start a new topic though so i don't hijack yours anymore seeing as though I'm not doin the 5k thing :lolcry:). Will keep my eyes peeled on this one too! :) Report
July 12, 200620 yr Author comment_128229 Haha i think ive got evrything pretty mych sorted now all i gotta do is figure which carby i wonna go with. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now