Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New rims

Featured Replies

I'd like to run a bit more dish on my KE. I have hotwire's too, not sure of the dimensions though. I'd like to get some Longchamp XR4's or some Equip's under there but I don't know what will fit. How wide can you typically go without flaring the guards?

 

 

 

I also want my KE lower, tyre tucking low I think.

post-1752-1151752351_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 30
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 inch wider than the factory option if you're talking about the width of the rims ;)

 

Thats the SA Road Rules anyway. Any wider and it will have to be engineered here.

Edited by Raven

  • Author

Scared the crap outta me. I thought I had pressed something stupid and made a real arse of myself. I didn't really need a new topic, I'm sure with a bit of searching I could find it myself but I'm fine with it staying open.

  • Author

That's quite a good attitude. A lot of forums stick to the "If you haven't searched for the last hour, don't make a topic" attitude. The 'sweatshop' attitude if you will.

 

POSTEN ON TOPIC OR GETTEN ZE WHIPPEN.

 

Well, something on topic for once I guess, what sort of offset do you run on a normal KE?

1 inch wider than the factory option if you're talking about the width of the rims
S#!T Raven :dance: Mine are 7" wide on my ke70 (pics on the topic where this one was split from), so maybe i should look into that.

 

Andrew.......i've got 14x7 hotwires on my ke70. THe rears scraped quite heavily with just one light passenger in the back/something in the boot, but some homemade guard rolling mostly sorted it out. It still scrubs now a LITTLE BIT (with a couple of decent sized passengers in the back), but doesnt cut into the tyre like it used to :jamie:

 

The front tyres only scrubbed against the plastic protector inside the guard when i had the wheel locked. I'm lowering mine shortly (got the gear in my room), so will let ya know how it goes. I'm thinking i might have to get em flared though :dance: don't regret it though as i love the look of it (especially looking at the ass end! :dance:).

 

Id say (from my experience), that without any guard work, you'd probably wanna go not much wider than a 6.5" rim ;)

what sort of offset do you run on a normal KE?

Check out the link below. I think anything between 0 & +20 is fine going from the info below ;)

 

KE70 offset thread

S#!T Raven ;) Mine are 7" wide on my ke70 (pics on the topic where this one was split from), so maybe i should look into that.

 

I wouldnt worry too much. Just don't draw attention to yourself by hooning. Generally if they don't stick out past the guards then you'll be ok.

 

My old Falcon had 14x8's on the back. Factory was 6" wide i think for an XD/XE.

  • Author

Yeah, your thread prompted this question.

 

I'll be flaring my guards eventually so I guess it's not really an issue for me. Just wondering for before that time comes.

Generally if they don't stick out past the guards then you'll be ok.

Would you classify this as sticking out past the guards? ;)

dscn429210ho.jpg

Mite have to get a guy here in adelaide to flare them for me so its not so obvious! Also lowering it in a couple of weeks, so it'll probably need to be flared :jamie:

 

Andrew, if ya don't go ridiculously silly with width or dump it HEAPS you shouldnt have a problem. If ya roll the rears especially, it might still rub, but it shouldnt cut into the tyre as you're taking the "sharp" edge away with the lip being rolled :dance: That should be enough to keep ya out of trouble for the time being!

You could always get the guards "pumped out" a bit too but i'm not sure whats involved with that.

 

turbo_rolla: If you look from the back corner of your car, looking towards the front, do the tyre's actually stick out past the guards?

Edited by Raven

If you look from the back corner of your car, looking towards the front, do the tyre's actually stick out past the guards?
Only JUST - talking probably a few mm or so. Nothing too ridiculous. But yeah, pretty sure they're just outside the guard. So thats most likely why i'll get em flared anyway! Then i can wack some spacers on them and have the same problem again ;)

^^

 

Id classify that as HOT :jamie: - ahahah, its like religion, it has to be !

 

So cool ;)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.