Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wanted- XT130 or RA60 struts

Featured Replies

After I get the Girls KE70 going with its new Haltech, I'm thinking of doing up the suspension. Nothing for racing or lowering it, just better than stock for country driving.  All four corners, probably stick with stock style in the rear and coilovers in the front. There are three options for full kits-

Coilovers from BCRacing at 48mm, they weld onto the KE70 strut foot. Four adjustable shocks.

Coilovers from BCRacing that are 51mm diameter, so AE86 or XT130/RA40 or RA60.

Full spindle coilovers from BCRacing that still need hubs and bearings, rotors, calipers, and steering arms.

The first is the cheapest, but limited in shocks for it and runs KE70 brakes. If I have to I'll do it and see if the lower unsprung weight makes up for some losses. Under $2k

The second needs the complete struts from Coronas or Celicas, adds unsprung weight and means moving to 14" wheels. But bigger shocks and bigger brakes. Maybe $2-$2.5K

The third needs a stack of money, $4 or $5k, as some of that comes from Ireland or Japan, and the Govt will make it even more expensive. Over $4k

So if you come across any let me know, and if you've done this conversion tell me what the difference in handling is, and what spring rates you're running.

Cheers

https://bcracing.com.au/collections/toyota-corolla-spindle-type-ae86-83-87

  • Author

Not so much the coilovers as the adjustable shocks. I put new Monroes in the front a decade back and they felt absolutely no different to the leaky ones I took out. Now 3 of the 4 on the car are seeping oil, so its shock time again.

I thought the range was larger once you got out of the KE70 48mm diameter strut and into the bigger series that Toyota made in 51mm. However last night I found a suggestion that the shocks are the same in BCR, so they use a shock that fits 48 and 51.

Brakes.. obviously better on the XT130 with rotors at 266mm compared to the KE70s 218mm, but I'm already using those L601 Move brakes that are 234mm, the same as an AE86.  The XT130 setup is very cheap compared to new AE86 hubs, brakes and steering arms.

Right now I'm leaning towards keeping it KE70 with a BCR KE70 weld-on kit and a Manon Racing brake kit from NZ. Either a Wilwood Dynalite kit for 13" wheels or their Dynapro kit for 14" wheels.

I buy things very slowly with lots of researching, so it may change yet.

What have you found?

Edited by altezzaclub

  • 3 months later...

Kieth I would have some XT and RT struts down back shed if you get stuck.

Actually probably have a lot of stuff i thought i would need 😁you no the drill.

Rob

  • Author

Thanks guys-  I've ordered a set of BC Racing with softer springs, but I've been too busy to pick them up. This Wednesday it happens, but we probably won't get time to fit them until after the last ARC National Rally in Tasmania. Josh wants to do that in the Evo3, and seeing the gearbox blew up in yesterday's Bathurst Rally we have some work to do! He still had enough points to become NSW champion.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.