Fuel Pumps And Surge Tanks

Des

i don't want you to die

fuel pissing places and hitting that fnny hot pipe called exhaust equals your spiffy nylon shirt melted to your burning skin

mmm true id rather keep my spiffy nylon shirt in one peice so i might see my uncle and see if he can hook me up.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what car this goin in mate?

i have seen it done on k series corollas where the original fuel tank gravity feeds a approx. 2L surge tank that sits in the spare tyre well. the surge is fed by short piece of inch diameter hose from the tank, and an external pump draws from the surge, with the return lines also goin to surge.

Gravity feed might work but a high pressure EFI pump run dry for a second or 2 cooks em I have killed abotu 2 VL turbo EFI pumps now due to this..lol . The vanes on the rotor ar rubber and well at there max pressure bend a bit and act like an internal by pass so when dry you melt rubber so I would run a lift pump to be safe.

Will you need baffels installed into your fuel tank?

Cameron

Make sure you run EFI hose on the pressurised side of the system, Low pressure lines like the lifter you can get away with standard hose. Aslo 1.5L would be the sweet spot for a 4AG(Z/T)E motor for a surge tank. When it comes to the fuel lines, Apparently they are good for around 200RWKw with a decent surge tank setup. Get the brass end fittings off Anthony Kellam to adapt the fuel lines to take the right size EFI hose..

1.5 litre sounds abit better for size.

I was chatting to teddy last night and we talking about were abouts to mount the surge tank, We gathered that low and more mid mounted is better for handling but i don't want it in the cab with me so what are peoples opinions and suggestions ?

Well I wouldn’t want an aluminum (assuming that what it’s made out of) fuel tank under my car. If you wanted better weight balance..... It only ways f@$k all even with fuel in it, so just mount it in your boot unless you want to carry heavy stuff.

IIRC when i was talking to some road worthy guys the boot is 'sealed', but even if you have trovble getting it passed you can box it in to one side. Need a picture to show what i mean, i don't mean box it so the fumes build up.

Edited by Jason