Split - 20v 4age

irokin

Members dont see this ad

Right...... I've sat here thinking for the required period of time.... Felix, where do I know you from?? :P It could be that I'm going senile.

MMmm, I get all these people telling me I should run this, and I should run that, but do you ever see them in this or that?? I have a theory, and I don't want to sound uppity, but if it can beat me in any of my chosen forms of motorsport, I'll consider it. I haven't considered alot of cars recently.... me and my three quarter K motor keep chugging along. No I don't have a big head. Really... I don't.

Damn, I've started ranting again.

Back to topic before Grim sends me to the bin.

Steve Wall down the coast has a PRB Clubman with a twenty valve. I'd own one just for the noise it makes!

A few of my friends build "Locosts" - they look like Clubmans except they aren't. They all have 20v's and they are all heaps of fun. I wouldn't mind one, but I wouldn't go to all the hassle to fit one into a KE Corolla. If I was building a car from scratch, and I had the option between the 16 and 20v, I'd go the 20 just because they are newer and all that.

Rob: First of all, yes you do have a big head :fuzz:

Secondly, sadly enough, we both know the only other car (or make of car) faster and probably cheaper than the Dwarf, even though I'm sure no one on this board would like to admit it... But whether you go down that path or not (and I know if I had a chance to do it all again knowing what I know now I would have) the Dwarf will always be an awesome piece of machinery, and a very unique one with heaps of character at that :P

Hi Rob.... it is I, Doug. aka ke1x. nah, i've got kids, i'm the one rapidly going senile. :P

i just love wasting newer cars with more spent on their wheels and tyres (or stereos), than i've spent in total on mods. nothing like the wail of pushrod assisted valve bounce.

i would consider a 16 valve motor, but couldn't be bothered stuffing an oversized 4ag into the tiny confines of a ke15. make it nose heavy, overcomplicated and a bitch to work on. not to mention take away from the cars originality. i don't know, maybe later???? i do have an auto tunnel ke10 doing nothing, hmm.....

I think as far as engine work can go, the 20V is just a "pre worked" engine

I reckon that I could do more with a bigport 16v

But yeah, 20V wouldn't be too shabby...

i think that would be the best way to look at it.

its like trying to work a Ferrari enzo engine...you just can't do much more!

• 1 year later...

ok.4cyl newby at work.:jamie:

does anyone have pics or can explain to me how you get 20 valves in 4 cylinders? thats like 5 a pot lol. very wierd.

from reading around a bit in the last few days to me a 20v head on a 4agze block seems the go.what compression will that give?

everyone goes on about HP,Torque is what it's all about, the ability to accerate a large mass.

it just depends on where you want the torque.

as for 215 out of a 20v, i've seen 225 out of a 20v and they're getting more all the time.

Actually, exhaust is a moot point. You need less intake restriction...

20V heads have proven to be great for forced induction

On the intake you have no restriction and have boost to assist cylinder filling.

On the exhaust you have the turbine in the way and no boost to assist cylinder clearing.

Bigger exhaust valves are always required before bigger inlet valves in turbo engines looking for more power.