Just To Add To My Streak Of Bad Luck Lately

One thing to note though, laminated glass is *very* hard to break through if you ever need to for some reason (like getting stuck in the car after an accident etc) and could be a concern if you ever need to get out in a hurry (like if the car's on fire or something).

get a window punch...

Members dont see this ad

Don't forget tho if your involved in an accident your adrinlen would be pumping and I think if you didn't have a window punch, nor some brass nuckles you would find a way out of the car ASAP.

its like when some little women pushes a car over to free her son/daughter what ever.. people do some crazy things...

Anyhow.. bad luck about the window

I think it's more when you panic and all that... some friends of friends rolled a Beemer in Malaysia, the thing caught fire and they couldn't get out (am guessing doors were locked and they couldn't get them open), could just hear them banging on the windows and screaming, it was really awful. They all (4 of them) burnt to death, no one was game to try to approach in case the car blew up...

To make it even worse it was a kid who'd taken his parents car out when the parents went on holiday...

Ah well, shit happens and when you go street racing I suppose you have to expect or at least prepare for the worst. We were all like 17-18 years old so really didn't know any better, even now if you carried a fire extinguisher in your car people would probably laugh at you and ask if you worked at the "bomba" (fire brigade).

In all honesty I don't think a different glass (safety glass or whatever) would have made any difference at all in that case, it was more something that came up at one of the CAMS panel meetings - according to the CAMS manual (forget which schedule and cbf to look it up now) you can't compete in a car with stick on film tinting, and we were trying to find out why that came to place and someone mentioned about how it's a fair bit harder to break etc...