June 14, 200422 yr comment_11705 Hey guys, I need some brake pads, as you all know I'm on a tight budget but I want something good .... yes I know budget and good don't really go together .. Any recommendations... I normally just use bendex but Nick say they can stuff the rotor. :D Report
June 14, 200422 yr comment_11711 I run RaceBrakes, RB74 compound. I find them very well priced and they work pretty well. Report
June 14, 200422 yr comment_11718 I have bendix standards on the front of my rolla, nick and matt can vouch for how well they pull up (ie. on our way home from all toyota day sunday) :D Report
June 14, 200422 yr comment_11719 my brother (works for brake and clutch specialists) said ferodo's = no disc in 6 months.... hes seen rotors that have a 2mm lip after ferodo's had been installed and the pad was only 3/4's worn out.... Report
June 14, 200422 yr comment_11723 Bendix Ultimates on the Dwarf. Just think Good pads= Good stopping=Smaller rotor lifespan. You can't have everything. I skim my rotors twice a year, and change them probably every two. Dwarfy doesn't get driven that much either. Report
June 14, 200422 yr comment_11742 For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This affects EVERYTHING... So...you can have either great stopping power and bad disc life OR so so stopping power and great disc life... I dunno what you guys are bitching about...KE70 discs are PISS easy to find at the wreckers....grab a pair (probably $20 worth) get em skimmed...whack them on.. Report
June 14, 200422 yr comment_11743 oh and for my 2c. Ive had bendix standards... shit all disc ware (ask doug...he has them now) very dusty..faded very quickly (a run down the front side of mt coot-tha was enuf). Dad has ferodos on the commodore. Replaced the front discs after 10 years and multiple skims.... (brand new discs were $150 a pair from memory) Report
June 15, 200422 yr comment_11767 EBC greenstuff is my pick...i always wait to brake until the last minute & i want something that i knows gonna pull me up when i need it to...no fade, no dust bendix havent been too harsh when i've used them but they don't come anywhere near ebc in quality i've never heard anything positive about ferodo until this thread...but i havent used them so i can't comment its only an extra $80 for a set of ebc over bendix...worth it imo...brakes & tyres are the most important parts on a car Report
June 15, 200422 yr comment_11773 Why so much fuss over brake dust? The RB74's I have put out a fair bit of dust, but they're quite cheap and they pull up very well and I haven't managed to get them to fade yet so I'm happy with them. For more info: http://www.racebrakes.com.au/ Report
June 16, 200422 yr Author comment_11856 Whats some shops that you guys recommend, I have racebrakes down.... anymore? Report
June 16, 200422 yr comment_11858 Repco... :D No, honestly, that's who I get all my bits thru.. Report
June 16, 200422 yr comment_11859 I got my pads from Brake Distributors of Australia. They're based in Mudgeeraba or something like that (Gold Coast). Report
June 16, 200422 yr comment_11861 repcos good...they have KE20 pads.. :D but the price is++ i payed $55 for a set of bendix standards about a year ago Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now