3tc Whats Webber To Use

c budge

i have a 3tc in my ke55 and i'm try to find out what webber will work well/ and give me power. i can get a set of side draft Dellorto's 45mm webbers same as the solex ones. but i don't really know what will work. and does and one know what size inlet manifold i need thanks

Edited by c budge

Members dont see this ad

single/twin 40/45mm dcoe webbers/dlha? delortos or even a 32/36dvg webber on a stock modified manifold would give you more power over what you have now. how worked is the engine? are any mods planned for the future? this would determine what would be most suited on your car.

for a 32/36 either a stock manifold, modified, or an adapter plate on the stock manifold should suffice.

with the twin carbs, you should be able to get an off the shelf manifold from places like hardimans etc. not sure if you can get single sidedraft manfolds for the 3t new but possibly 2nd hand from somewhere.

how worked is the engine? the engine is stock bar a set of genni extractors and a bigger cam..

are any mods planned for the future? well my plans where to have webbers and extractors and thats about it i don't really know what more u can do. if anyone has worked a 3tc let me no what you did

well theres always bigger and better cams, head work, higher compression, lightening internals etc etc etc..

but since its a near stocker, id forget about 45mm webbers and delortos unless you plan to get a bit more serious.

a 32/36 webber would give you small gains, and probably better economy (slightly) but be a bit restrictive if you decided to go further with the engine.

twin 40's on the other hand give you a fair bit more flow if you go nuts with the engine. but are more costly to run/tune etc etc. gives a good induction roar though :jamie:

like what you do with a 4k with the 3k head.

4k and 3k standard heads are the same, from what I understand. I've been known to be wrong regarding heads though, haha, on many occasions.

The 3k bigport head is different however, and is rare as rocking horse shit...

if i wanted more compression would i put a 2t head on like what you do with a 4k with the 3k head.

I can't remember exact details, but something like that. The informations out there, I did a heap of research when I was looking into building a 2T/3T hybrid.