Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Ruts Dash

Featured Replies

Ok so I succumbed to some rice - I have a weakness for blue and I am sure Nick, Simon and Jamie can vouch for that after seeing the inside of my car.

 

Anyway I had those shitty bulb condoms on the globes in my dash - a factory rice fitting I might add.

 

The originals were green and I didnt like the green giauges so I chnaged the condoms to blue - but unfortunately through the wonders of yellow filament light they still looked greenish ..... and you can see that in some of Nicks photo from his drive.

 

So I pop down to SuperCheapAndNasty and grab some rice bulbs - blue led push in replacement globes.

 

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They rock - I am happy to say my dash is finally the colour I had envisaged at the start

 

post-10-1125488120.jpg

led globes are phat :P

just so expensive :rocknroll:

  • Author

yup the bargain price of $9.99 a pair

So i'm not the only one with a blue fetish. :P

 

So you can actually get push in style LED's nowadays? Hrmmmm. I spent hours soldering resistors onto my led's, and then soldering the led's into the globe holders. (but this was years ago, when i wasnt any wiser).

post-10-1125489200.jpg

Edited by kangaroosa

Did you take it a step further and install Blue Cold Cathode tubes as a new interior light? (these things also seem to put out UV light, because anything white or fluro in colour Glows).

 

P.S. For all the people about to say how crap it looks.......You can't even see these tubes on the roof whenever entering or exiting the car.

post-10-1125489657.jpg

Edited by kangaroosa

Go the Cold Cathodes! That is phat, hows it look in the dark?

Did you take it a step further and install Blue Cold Cathode tubes as a new interior light? (these things also seem to put out UV light, because anything white or fluro in colour Glows).

 

P.S. For all the people about to say how crap it looks.......You can't even see these tubes on the roof whenever entering or exiting the car.

done this on my brothers, dads and mates cars. But mounted them inside the stock fittings. Make a shitload of light.

 

Will have to do it for myself.

no neon/cathode install is cool if you can see the actual tubes. if you're going to rice your car, at least do it properly

 

i do however think it's a good idea, i considered doing the same thing, but i'd hide the lights up under the dash or the seats or something, so the interior lights up but you can't see where from

Go the Cold Cathodes! That is phat, hows it look in the dark?

I'll take a pic and let you decide for yourself.

I mounted them on the roof for maximum brightness. It was a pure practicality decision. Its good for reading maps/street directories at night as the pages glow.

I never saw the point in mounting lights under the dash/footwells. Theres no need for light to be there - other than aestehtics.

Fully sick Kanga!! Your car's got neons, re! :D hehehe.... just shit stirring.

Well how about that.... I've always been a MAJOR fan of blue lights on the dash :angrybird: Or something similar to white light, if you can call it that.

i am making a kit so i have a four colour dash, red,white,blue and green

 

all i going to do is make a kit that can change between each colour just buy turning lights on and off, once i make the kit i will post the circuit diagram. I already have the dash, I am going to change to clear plastic covers on the gauge's to black perspecs.. just have to make sure the LED's will be bright enough to let me see through the blackness... I know the white will work...but the other colours i am unsure about..

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.