3sge Rwd Convert

chrisandliz

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the issue is on what becomes the drivers side a completely custom mount has to be made

and there is not really the holes for it

and it can be an interesting business tapping into the block

on the old toymods forums theres a vewry detailed write up by cool1 of him puttin it in his celica.

you should with a 3rz ;) don't think its legal tho :D

the issue is on what becomes the drivers side a completely custom mount has to be made

and there is not really the holes for it

and it can be an interesting business tapping into the block

on the old toymods forums theres a vewry detailed write up by cool1 of him puttin it in his celica.

you should with a 3rz :D don't think its legal tho :)

what gen was the engine? i found a web site that had a side by side compair of a 4age 20v and a 3sge. and it looked "do able". looks of custom stuff is needed.

i'll look into it some more

Edited by chrisandliz

don't 3sge's sit on a mean angle in celica's, Would you have to compensate for this ?

the front wheel drive engines do sit on a lean, and some generation 3S's will have less (or different locations etc) oil drains in the head, meaning oil surge problems can occur under harsh driving conditions..... but shouldn't be too much of a worry for a street car.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

the S series block design is actually originally intended for rwd. if you look at a 3sg apart youll see it has massive oil returns.. oil drainage insnt an issue on the gen 2 i can say that for certain, we have a customers car we did a conversion that has been running reliably for some time.

i think people over stress about the intake side mounting too.. we have jags (the customers) engine mount just using the 2 bolt in the vertical plane and its fine.

the biggest issue is sorting out a flywheel/bellhousing/starter motor combo.

water isnt too hard. the oulet off the thermostat points forward convienatly for rwd. the inlet though is at the back of the head and neads a pipe fabricated to run forward.

there are alot of issues but it is doable.

toymods in the best resource for this conversion for sure. especially the old forums. which is still link from the new site i think. dig around there and youll find alot of answers.

the S series block design is actually originally intended for rwd. if you look at a 3sg apart youll see it has massive oil returns.. oil drainage insnt an issue on the gen 2 i can say that for certain, we have a customers car we did a conversion that has been running reliably for some time.

i think people over stress about the intake side mounting too.. we have jags (the customers) engine mount just using the 2 bolt in the vertical plane and its fine.

the biggest issue is sorting out a flywheel/bellhousing/starter motor combo.

water isnt too hard. the oulet off the thermostat points forward convienatly for rwd. the inlet though is at the back of the head and neads a pipe fabricated to run forward.

there are alot of issues but it is doable.

toymods in the best resource for this conversion for sure. especially the old forums. which is still link from the new site i think. dig around there and youll find alot of answers.

thanks alot.

i was looking around for and 2s corona that i can take for parts, and then the fun will begin.

i was going to get a mr2 half cut hopefully , just need the cash