One Piece Manifold Gasket- Who Makes Them 4k

altezzaclub

Ok, I've phoned the 6 or so parts suppliers here in Mid-West NSW and they can supply 4K manifold gasket in 2 pieces, I assume all from ACL. However one piece ones do exist, they come if you buy a full head set for over $100...

So, does anyone know where to get the one piece gaskets from??

..and I've never seen a worse bit of engineering design as when I pulled the manifolds off!! Fking rubbish ideas, tilted motor, manifolds underneath, blocked by starter and alty, covered in anti-pollution crap, not enough manifold bolts and the ones they have are too big...

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've phoned the 6 or so parts suppliers here in Mid-West NSW and they can supply 4K manifold gasket in 2 pieces, I assume all from ACL. However one piece ones do exist, they come if you buy a full head set for over $100...

So, does anyone know where to get the one piece gaskets from??

..and I've never seen a worse bit of engineering design as when I pulled the manifolds off!! Fking rubbish ideas, tilted motor, manifolds underneath, blocked by starter and alty, covered in anti-pollution crap, not enough manifold bolts and the ones they have are too big...

Hey Mr P. I believe that ACL makes the one piece gasket, I'm unsure of the part number (camerondownunder88 might know), You can sometimes get the break down of part numbers that is in the full head sets so that may be an option.

but a steel block with sandpaper showed that the inlets had good sealing while the exhausts were not flat in line- hardly touching the middle exhaust properly. We could slide a 6 or 8thou feeler gauge under a steel rule across the middle, so the exhaust is recessed on the front face and even worse, the inlet flanges are a bit thicker than the iron ones! Also less than a mm, but it all adds up.

post-7544-1233730122_thumb.jpg

Edited by altezzaclub

and a look at the head showed-

The front stud of the middle ones had too long a shoulder... It was over 14mm from the head, while the manifold is 12mm and a compressed gasket is 1mm

The rearmost stud came out with the nut, so the nut had bottomed on the stud before it tightened right up

post-7544-1233730309_thumb.jpg

Edited by altezzaclub

I took the middle studs out & found some bolts the right length.

Lacking a die tap for that size I took an old bolt, screwed a nut on it then hacksawed a couple of grooves up the thread. A wirebrush and a working of the nut up and down gave me a cleaning bolt that I spun into each hole.

This picked up all bits of dirt into the grooves and let me check the absolute depth of the holes. Its amazing how much crap can be in a hole on a head. I don't know if you young guys do these tricks-

We will see how this goes this weekend...

post-7544-1233730588.jpg

Get yourself a Permaseal EM30. :D

Available through Bursons, listed in the Lukey parts catelogue as "K series extractor gaskets". RRP is around $12 which actually makes them cheaper than the ACL/Ezy fit ones!!!! :y:

Sorry Simon, I completely forgot about you.

but a steel block with sandpaper showed that the inlets had good sealing while the exhausts were not flat in line- hardly touching the middle exhaust properly. We could slide a 6 or 8thou feeler gauge under a steel rule across the middle, so the exhaust is recessed on the front face and even worse, the inlet flanges are a bit thicker than the iron ones! Also less than a mm, but it all adds up.
That's interesting... might explain (what I think) is an exhaust leak on my 5K. Cheers for the info!