What To Do....

dfunkt

Hey all,

during the middle of Oct, my partner (will-be wife) and i are heading on up to tassie for a week of relaxed travel and siteseeing.

flying into hobart and hiring a car for the 8 days we'll be there/here (fly-in Tuesday noon-ish, fly-out tuesday evening).

while it might be a flying visit (geddit), we're not after a wham-bam-thankyou-ma'am tour de everything (we're not keen on doing any actual tours or skiing, but are up for a couple of nice walks/drives along/thru mountains with sweeping views.) and while i'm happy covering vast distances via car experiencing the roads, the lady would like there to be lots of lady-like happenings.

current thinking is:

Hobart -> Strathgordon -> Strahan -> Burnie -> Devonport -> St Helens -> Swansea -> Hobart

how long we spend in any one town/area isn't limited, and the only place i really know of to visit is Cradle Mountain.... ( :) ignorant mainlander :) )

so whatever you think would be a good thing for us to do, post it up! looking forward to suggestions/ideas.

cheers

dF

Members dont see this ad
Do you live in Antarctica :blinks:

do you remember an ad for (insert some aussie brand) where they talked about "australian thinking" or some such....and one of the tag lines was "i like to think of the world being upside down, and australia's on top". ever since then, i think of tassie being the crown that sits on the top of australia's head!

hobodyer-large.jpg

do you remember an ad for (insert some aussie brand) where they talked about "australian thinking" or some such....and one of the tag lines was "i like to think of the world being upside down, and australia's on top". ever since then, i think of tassie being the crown that sits on the top of australia's head!

:blinks: in the great words of black board

upside down, upside down :jamie:

Plenty of good roads mate as I'm sure you're aware of. I'm not real busy at the end of this week so I'll draw you a little map with some suggested targa stages. :P

Oh and don't forget to drop into Launy as that were most Tassie rollaclub members reside.

Plenty of good roads mate as I'm sure you're aware of. I'm not real busy at the end of this week so I'll draw you a little map with some suggested targa stages. :P

Oh and don't forget to drop into Launy as that were most Tassie rollaclub members reside.

cheers Taz. i'm sure the hire car will *love* some targa stages....esp cos i'll be encouraging the wife to do a bit of the driving. she loved driving the IS250 along the GOR last year, so it won't be hard to persuade her.

i was thinking of getting together with a bunch of you down there for dinner, as we'd be getting into launy saturday arvo.

is there anyone keen on doing the organising (restaurant for dinner/drinks, drinks can be at separate place) for the 16th Oct in Launy??