Great Ocean Rd Cruise 27-28th Jan '07 Aus Day Weekend

TheNOBBLER

Hi all,

I am currently throwing ideas etc arround to organise a Great Ocean Rd Cruise from Melboure. It has been suggested to let the S.A. Mob in on it as it is around the halfway point between the two cities and I think it would be a good chance to meet some fellow Rollaclub members from another state.

Click the link to see what i am on about...

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...pid=146328&

Let me know if this idea is a bit wide of the mark for everyone in SA, I used to join some Melb and Adelaide runs with a Torana frum when I lived in Mildura, so it might not be too far for some.

Anyway, check it out and see what you think.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Attending Members List! Will Be Updated Regularly!

I have a list of people who have confirmed they are coming and camping/not camping etc. Heres what I have so far...

Camping:

TheNOBBLER (Me) + one (Paid in full)

MRMOPARMAN + one (Paid in full)

kickn5k + one (Paid in full)

Muller

Webbers4x48 (Paid in full)

Pozman + three (Paid in full)

Raven + one (SA) (Paid in full)

nawty4 (SA)

Teddy (QLD) (Pay on trip)

Raceflorolla (SA) (Paid in full)

Not Camping:

Gze82

I also have a list of people who have shown interest but not yet confirmed.

Born Rolla (SA)

killer ke70

woteva (SA)

Rightio! Thats 17 people confirmed camping so far, one confirmed for the day trip and 3 still thinking about it... I will update this as we go.

What I now need is for anyone who is bringing someone elso to let me know so I can put you on the list... Otherwise if you are camping it will cause problems when we get there. This isnt a problem if your only daytripping.

PLEASE CONFIRM THIS ASAP!!!! posts concerning stickers/meals/other ideas. This way I can sort out deposits asap.

Thanks all...

Jarrad

Edited by TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its looking like it will be the Australia Day Weekend at this stage, should make it easier for people to travel (interstate or otherwise).

I am getting a bit of interest from the VIC lot, if we get more interest from the SA group then we will stay further along the Ocean Rd to accomodate you all! Should be a fantastic weekend (Will be overnight so we can have a beer and bullshit sesion) and shouldnt be missed!

If the event runs well enough I would like to make this an annual event.

Jarrad

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, a bit of interest!

Sorry to hear about the 55 Jordan, hope you find it/replace it sometime soon.

At the moment its looking like the Australia day weekend will be when this will happen. November is a bit soon to have everything organised by as accomodation ect have to be sorted.

I am currently in the process of looking up accomodation alternatives and things to do for the time we are there, I will keep you all posted on the progress.

Hi all, this has been posted in the Vic secion as well, I thought I would drag it over for everyone to take a gander at.

Ok, its finally time for an update!

Well, I have been on the phone and the net looking at accommodation in Apollo Bay, I was loking here as if we are going to make a great ocean rd trip we might as well do it properly! Also, it makes it easier for the SA mob to make the trip if they like.

I have spoken to four Caravan/recreational parks about accomodating us over the Aus Day weekend and sadly it doesnt looke to good. I thought the idea of having it on that weekend might come unstuck and it has. This is mailny due to the fact that it is still school holidays at that time and most of the parks want a 7day booking as a minimum of a complete (3 day) weekend. The advice from all of the parks that I spoke to was to come back a bit later in the year )after school holidays) and to book as far in advance as possible as there weekend accomodation fills quite quickly.

Costs varied from park to park, but werent to bad. I only priced powered sites as I thought we would like some light at night etc, unpowered sites were only slightly cheaper from what I was told also.

I priced accomdation for 15 people and 10 cars, They were:

$40 peak to $20 off peak per site for 2 peolpe, extra Audults were $10 to $15 extra per person, not bad really. Each site holds approx 4 people. All of the parks were in (or bloody close to) Apollo bay and were all a stones throw from the beach and shops etc.

Ok, well, now we have some decisions to make.

Do we keep the proposed date as Aus day and look in surrounding towns (eg. Lorne, aireys inlet, angle sea etc) for accomodation over the weekend?

Or do we do as advised and make it slightly later in the year, when it is still warm, and head right through to Apollo Bay and camp the nigth there?

I am sure we will have many more questions to be asked and answered so post them up along with your thoughts on the new info.

Also, sorry if the spelling is shithouse! My computer restarted halfway through posting this up and now I'm out of time to do it right! If I have missed any info I have gathered I will post it up later on.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Again, from the vic page...

Well, I have more news!

I got a phone call today from the Apollo Bay Recreation Reserve, it turns out that they are quite happy to have us over the Aus day weekend (even if its only for one night... but we have to be nice to them) as long as its on a non powered site. They will be able to sort out a bunch of sites in a group so we can park on them as well as live on them for the night and are going to do it pretty cheap for the members of Rolla club if we get in early.

The prices are $25 per site for 2 people and $7 per extra head, but he said that if we want parking space (and if were going to be nice to them) we should get enough sites for all of us as opposed to cramming a couple of sites full.

This is the only place I have had any luck with out of the now 8 parks I have contacted, so its looking pretty good and the are looking after us.

So again, the decision has to be made. Do we keep it on this weekend and book early? We would need conformation from members if they ARE coming... not just thinking about it, we would also possibly need a deposit of some kind?

Or, do we make it a different weekend and try our luck with another park?

Also, who would be interested in making it from friday to Sunday? Just a thought.

Again, let me know what you think and if you are coming let me know who you are bringing ( for numbers). Its the start of november now so Australia Day isnt that far away!

Jarrad