Ae102r Sprinter

thomo

scored a '94 corolla ae102 sprinter today, boy racer smashed the front in and couldnt find the parts to fix it so i very nicely offered to tow it away for him for free (i'll burn in hell i know)

anyway it was his grandmas, 170000 ks on the clock and needs a rh guard, lamp, blinker and complete front bar, all the usual places i go for parts (importers, wreckers, a/market) keep saying they can't help on parts because its a sprinter, I'm stuffed if i can see a difference!

anyone know about these things?

(no picks, got camera finally, computer can't find it... one day!)

Members dont see this ad
scored a '94 corolla ae102 sprinter today, boy racer smashed the front in and couldnt find the parts to fix it so i very nicely offered to tow it away for him for free (i'll burn in hell i know)

anyway it was his grandmas, 170000 ks on the clock and needs a rh guard, lamp, blinker and complete front bar, all the usual places i go for parts (importers, wreckers, a/market) keep saying they can't help on parts because its a sprinter, I'm stuffed if i can see a difference!

anyone know about these things?

The 5-door Sprinter is a pretty rare beast (I've seen maybe half a dozen, max), and a lot of parts are "slightly" different to your average ADM 102R. I'm pretty sure the Sprinter was a European-spec model, hence it came with the Euro lights, front bar etc. However, it might still be worth-while checking that ADM parts don't fit, even though they might be different part numbers.

ordered the parts i needed aftermarket to suit the standard 102, i figure for what they cost me worst case senario is i order a few more bits and end up with a standard front end, but will post whatever i find, this is more an early rolla site but it doesnt hurt to know

I would really love to see what this car looks like, does anyone have a picture??

Euro101Hatch.JPG

Appears to have SXV10R Camry headlights (which explains why the headlight protector and bonnet protector part numbers are different from the standard 102), front bar similar to the FX-GT but without a lip, and a few other different features (bar the obvious sheetmetal ones)

totaly different to the 101/102 sedan stuff (bugger)

the guard is smooth not ribed like the sedan

the parkers are squared of in the lower back corner

the head lights are rounded on the inner lower edge

the bonnet hangs lower

grill narower

and front bar...... just different

The front bumper looks like the one used on the AE102 Holden Nova. And the lights do look VERY similar to Camry ones. You've got to wonder if they don't match up?

The front bar looks different to all the Novas I've seen, however the indicators do appear to be common (inner end is rounded, not angled). All Novas I've seen have had the "fish-mouth" grille, look like this one:

post-4-1149823863.jpg

Going off topic. I don't bother hooking the camera to the computer, just use a card reader. I've found it easier and not to mention that the times that i've had to hook the camera to the computer the damn things wiped all the pics on me.

Back on topic. How about aftermarket with the front bar and/or/maybe mix & match with the parts.