November 13, 200619 yr comment_150748 I can get a pair of these cheap Wondering if anyone has jetted these down to suit a worked 5k? And wondering where to get a manifold Report
November 13, 200619 yr comment_150777 Read the FAQ PLEASE! http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?tit...ne/K-Series/SUs Report
November 13, 200619 yr comment_150779 I've got a pair. Just awaiting my manifold and THEN will get a 5K. I'm sure they can be jetted down to work on a 5K. Report
November 22, 200619 yr comment_151977 You don't need to re-jet SU's, they will work on stocko 3K even if they were used on a Datsun L28. Thie thing about SU's is that unlike a regular carby they work on a vaccum set up, so rejetting is unneccessary. Report
November 22, 200619 yr comment_151993 They may work from a L28 to a 3K.....doesnt mean the 3k will actually run alright. SU's need tuning and the right needles, not to mention the right size to get them to run right.....saying you can pull them off a 2.8L and put them onto a 1.2L is utter bullshit. Report
November 22, 200619 yr comment_151996 Yup. You need the right tapered needle to get them to run properly. Report
November 23, 200619 yr comment_152114 I am sorry I was misinformed about SU carbs then, a mate of mine who is a mechanic said it, ages ago when I was looking at going this way. Report
November 26, 200619 yr comment_152420 ah su`s i run a set of 1 1/2" hs series on my mild 5k well static comp is 10.3 : 1 but the camshaft is not that big. but yeah the needles do dictate mixtures from idle through to peak rpm but i run no. 6 needles and .090" main jets. but that will prob different to 1 3/4" carbs. i am thinking of changing to efi as i have complete setup except throttle cable but not sure if i want to sell them as they make the best induction noise. Edited November 26, 200619 yr by kickn5k Report
December 1, 200619 yr comment_153315 Where'd you get your ram tubes from kickn5k? I used to run Ram Tubes on my SU's. I purchased them from Hardiman Auto Parts in NSW. They also have Redline foam socks available too. Alternatively, my local MG Workshop sells locally made ones. You could always try businesses like that. Edited December 1, 200619 yr by kangaroosa Report
December 6, 200619 yr comment_153940 Hmm, i think i might be passing on the ram tubes. I'm now after a pair of MG Metro plenum's :P Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now