Twin Su's Hs6 On A Worked 5k

ke11restorer

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

They may work from a L28 to a 3K.....doesnt mean the 3k will actually run alright.

SU's need tuning and the right needles, not to mention the right size to get them to run right.....saying you can pull them off a 2.8L and put them onto a 1.2L is utter bullshit.

ah su`s i run a set of 1 1/2" hs series on my mild 5k well static comp is 10.3 : 1 but the camshaft is not that big. but yeah the needles do dictate mixtures from idle through to peak rpm but i run no. 6 needles and .090" main jets. but that will prob different to 1 3/4" carbs.

post-2201-1164532276_thumb.jpg

i am thinking of changing to efi as i have complete setup except throttle cable but not sure if i want to sell them as they make the best induction noise.

Edited by kickn5k

Where'd you get your ram tubes from kickn5k?

I used to run Ram Tubes on my SU's. I purchased them from Hardiman Auto Parts in NSW. They also have Redline foam socks available too.

Alternatively, my local MG Workshop sells locally made ones. You could always try businesses like that.

Edited by kangaroosa