turbo_rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks mate - yeah, pretty happy that no-one else bidded - was gonna go to 30,000yen, so i saved a whole $20 :) Like you said, now the wait begins. I'm VERY impatient so I'm gonna be wondering where they are by the end of next week i think :( Looked into a pricing to get em sent via EMS but it was like a couple of hundred extra i think. If it were only $70-$80 or so i'd pay it, but not that much. Any ideas roughly how much these suckers weigh? The guy is working it out on 7kg until he gets them to weigh. I've found weights of other rims similar, but not something like this. But my guy should hopefully receive them early next week, then send them off shortly after that :)

My wheels weighed in at ~7.5kg each. They were Hoshino Mesh in 15x7.5 -8 and SSR Mesh in 15x7 +5. Both weighed in at the same number with my bathroom scales.

To get the wheels to my door in about a week from postage, it was pretty much double the price of what I paid (22 600yen, Aussie dollar was like 89yen at the time :) ).

Okay, I'm hoping they're then around that 6-7kg mark then, which i'd say they would be as they're an inch thinner in width and diameter than yours. It is alot of money to get them via EMS - think the quote was about 40,000 yen for 4x7kg wheels via ems, as opposed to 20,000, so double like you said. don't think i can justify $400 on postage when the rims only cost $280 :) Will give me lots of time to get everything sorted on it (all this compliance stuff, and clean up the body a bit), so that the wheels are the "final touch" :)

Picked the car up this arvo with the speedo all adjusted and working properly - $180 well spent i think, as i couldnt be assed putting in new speedo drives etc :lol: Took some rough notes of the rpm at various speeds before it went in (all in 4th gear)

40km/hr = 2000rpm, 2000rpm now = 60km/hr

60km/hr = 2600rpm, 2600rpm now = 80km/hr

70km/hr = 3100rpm, 3100rpm now = ~ 95km/hr

The guy said it was out by about 15km/hr, but was also sitting below zero, which put it out more. So that's one more thing ticked off the list.

Wanna sort out an issue with the handling though - not sure if its bumpsteer or a sh@gged steering rack - since i replaced the castor brackets (that the swaybar goes through), it seems to be picking up little bumps in the road REALLY easily, and taking the wheel with them. There is a bit of slack in the steering rack i think (only a bit), but not sure if this is it or if its just bump steer, so gonna look into that a bit more! GOtta replace the steering rack boots so will have a look then :P:

Out quite a bit hey? I've just got the standard diff with ADM T50 and 185/55/15 tyres and my speedo's pretty bad. To go 60kmh, my speedo reads 70kmh, 80 I have to go at about 90. So I think my speedo is out about 10kmh.

I was looking into playing around with the gear stuff inside the box, but I've given up. The thread I used as a guide says to use 'X' gear drive if you use some formula and get between 'XX' or 'XXX'. When I use the formula calculating with both standard size wheels and aftermarket, I'm told to use the same gear. :lol:

Find that last paragraph confusing? That's how I felt. hahahah.

I think I'm just gonna get my speedo re calibrated as well or just ignore it and minus 10kmh to what my cluster reads.

Edited by adam-__-

Yeah, i too was gonna go by that thread to work out what gears i needed with how ever many teeth my speedo drive had etc, but it just got too hard. Was only when i started making some calls that i realised this option was available. If i wasnt "making it legal" then i wouldnt have bothered to be honest :P: But i guess its nice to see exactly how quick the 4age is and how quickly it buzzes up the numbers :lol:

I want to do it right just for the kilometer's recorded. It's telling others it's driven more than it really has. Oh well..
Ah, see mine was reading slow, so didnt bother getting that fixed :lolcry: Although, before i realised the speedo AND odometer were both out (blonde moment i know :lol:), i was wondering why i was only getting 300km out of a tank of petrol :P: I did get pricing on getting the speedo AND odometer fixed, and think it was about $350 (one place wanted $300 just for the speedo!!! :lolcry:). I think they put a "combination box" or something in there for the odometer which alters the signal before it gets to the cluster, as opposed to the speedo where they just recalibrate it on the inside of the cluster (may be wrong, someone want to clarify???).

Just for reference, on the "ratio test" (1km run on rollers) my cable only completed 550 turns, whereas it should've completed 637 i think :cool:

Edited by turbo_rolla

That's good to hear mate! You'll be checking that tracking system twice a day after the first 4 weeks. :eatlead:

Oh did you get more pictures of the wheels by any chance? Just so that you know how damaged the rims really are?

nope, would rather wait til they're here to find out they're rashed to buggery :bash: They better bloody not be damaged :no2:

Got the emissions test done today - rang them bout 1pm to see if it'd be ready to pick up, and he gave me the results - 2.2% carbon monoxide and 360 parts per million of hydrocarbons - the 2.2% was under what was required of 2.5%, but hydrocarbons max was 250 ppm, so obviously over that :n: the guy asked what i needed and i told him 2.5% and 250 ppm - he said they'd put it on another run and see what they could get out of it.

Turns out they got it down to 0.9% CO and 210ppm for Hydrocarbon :y: he said "at the point of measurement this is correct", and then elaborated that they'd would back the timing for the test, then put it back so it'd run :hmm: So i've got my little test sheet from them which is good and another thing ticked off. THey did say though that the o2 sensor in the exhaust isnt working, so will have to sort that out :n: