turbo_rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool, forgot how small the hole is under that piece of metal :S with a rubber gromet or something it could look quite factory like you suggested! Got any more pics of your engine with the black paint? thinking of spraying mine black (wrinkle maybe), but not sure!

Hows that for service? Thanks! I reckon i'll do the same - been looking at the cans every time i go to the auto shop but never committed :S have got a spare set of cam covers sitting in the shed that i cleaned up ages ago (sand blasted), so might get them out. What did you use to bring up the letters? Grinded them or something else? Looks good either way! Is it hard to keep clean, or cause its the wrinkle stuff it hides dirt and s#!t?

I got the motor with the cam covers already painted like this so can't help you there. =/

Keeping it clean isn't a problem so far. Haven't driven the car much since the conversion, but it doesn't look like it'll get dirty too soon.

Hows that for service? Thanks! I reckon i'll do the same - been looking at the cans every time i go to the auto shop but never committed :S have got a spare set of cam covers sitting in the shed that i cleaned up ages ago (sand blasted), so might get them out. What did you use to bring up the letters? Grinded them or something else? Looks good either way! Is it hard to keep clean, or cause its the wrinkle stuff it hides dirt and s#!t?

its pretty easy to do the wrinkle paint. for the letters you just use a sanding block w/ some sandpaper and take the new paint off.

i'll send you a PM about it.

Finally made the decision to bite the bullet and buy some rims for the beast. With any luck i will have won them within the next 24 hours, and they will be on their way shortly after that:

post-1017-1217502123_thumb.jpg

post-1017-1217502112_thumb.jpg

post-1017-1217502095_thumb.jpg

They're a "downgrade" from what i've got in that they're 14x6.5, but decided that'll be the size for me now as i want some more clearance and less potential attention. They're +8 offset so should sit pretty nicely and can use spacers to push them out a little more if required.

Should know if i've got them by tomorrow night, so will see how it goes! From the pics they look like they've got charcoal/darker inners, so will decide whether to leave them as is or spray em silver when i get them.

:bash: :y: :bash:

Ah nice! It looks like they're in a pretty good condition. I'm assuming you're buying them from Yahoo Auctions Japan? Let us know how it goes.

I'm tempted to get another set of wheels for my ride. Thinking of staying meshies too, just in a less aggressive offset for the daily drive, then install the aggressive stance wheels for weekends. Looks like I haven't changed wheels, but I really have!

Yeah, they look pretty clean - going from the outer lips they look nice and polished up so looks like they've either been taken good care of or cleaned up nicely! And yep, getting them off yahoo auctions - was looking to go through slidewize but found this other guy that's apparently really good and cheaper, so will let you all know how it goes! There's 17 hours left and I'm still in front, so time will tell if i get them!

I agree - less agressive offsets are better for daily stuff You don't wanna be worrying about scrubbing etc and getting unwanted attention during the week :bash: I think your car would look good regardless of what size rims are on it though :y:

All booked in for 22/8 for the Regency inspection, so that'll make me get off my bum and do the final few things that need to be done (speedo recalibrated, swap rims for stockies, stock rear springs, steering arm boots). Getting closer!

Oh, and 7 hours left on the yahoo auction and still the only bidder :bash:

The last two hours is where I would start worrying. hahah With the hunt for my wheels, I was all excited because no one had bidded, but then in the last hour, so many people came and bidded. :bash: Oh and the end result was that the ending price was over double what I max bidded. :y:

All the best with the bidding and regency inspection. :bash:

Yeah, I'm hoping there isnt a mad rush in the last hour or two, but wouldnt be surprised if there was! Guess i'll find out later on tonight! Hmmmm, do i stay up and watch, or go to bed and look in the morning :bash:

Just booked in the speedo recalibration too for next week! Just looking at the best way to replace the steering boots cause last time i tried i couldnt get the tie rod end removed :y: Might give that a miss until tomorrow arvo as i have to use the car tomorrow and don't wanna f$#k it up tonight :bash:

My bank account is officially going to be slightly lighter with the pending arrival of a new set of SSR Formula Mesh :) :( :dance:

post-1017-1217596537_thumb.jpg

Only bidder, and ended up getting them for 28,000 yen :)

So guess the old chevoit's will be up for sale sometime after i receive these (probably about 6 weeks or so via container) - if anyone's keen, let me know :yes: