TheNOBBLER

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, thats kinda the plan... and you right Raven, the 16s are a bit bigger but only by 5mm or so so its not to big a problem.

I have a couple of 13inch gemini wheels that have been widened to 7inches, problem is the 225s on them are shagged! And yes, they do fit... but only just! The 16s were scraping like hell on the return road as it was!

Its not just the overall diam that effects it smaller wheel size(dia) will give you a taller wall, taller wall means wall flex and wall flex means grip!!

Let me know when your going next and we will see if leigh can bring his twinky.

stu.

Edited by kickn5k

yeah, thats why I'm going the 13's or 14's. That way I can run lower tyre pressures and get a bigger contact patch, with a 15 of 16 the sidewalls are too stiff and you end up with less traction running less pressure.

Will definentally let you know Stu, would be great to see how a stockish na '82 goes againts mine! Which reminds me, Cam has to get his ass into gear and get his rolla on the track! I want to run his rwd rocket!

Cheers dude,

I'm running a Silvertop 20 valve engines bottom end with a 16 valve bigport head and efi setup at the moment, 2inch straight through exhaust and new air filter... Heaps more but is easier for both of us ir you read some more of the thread, theres a bit in there!

As for your question, post it up in the mechanical section and se what people think. Sounds like its ignition related as its missing when started and breaking down under load... do the usual and check/replace plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor button. if there fine then start checking some of your sensors? Like I said, ask in the tech section and you will get alot of help, just be nice and give all the info you have!

Jarrad

Just thought i'd add a couple of pics!

Calder.jpg

And this is how to fill a hole left in your parcel shelf from a sub... nice and neat

15-02-07_1737.jpg

Took me about 20 mins to make and looks a hell of alot better than an unsightly hole! And now noone can see whats in the hatch!

J.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally have my Dyno figures!

Hit the rollers today with a heap of people from toymods... nice and cheap at $45 a piece with a bbq, so no complaints there!

Well, I managed 70.5kw atw which isnt to bad, not as much as I would have liked but you get that! Now its time for some big cams and aftermarket ecu!

Also, went to the Ballarat swap this weekend, had a ball and drank lots! The good news is I sold my 16's (they didnt fit anymore) and have bought some 15's to run... a pic below... will post another when there on the car.

Going to look much better than the stockies!

J.

23-02-07_1640.jpg

DVC00008.jpg

DVC00007.jpg

17-02-07_1937.jpg

the car is hot yo, except no other comments :D

hahaha, I will accept more comments but this one seems to have topped the list! lol!

Cheers guys, I'm stoked with the wheels, completely changed the car... the tyres have tread and all! :)

Just went to have a chat to a bloke that used to race '82's, nice bloke, he had 4 of them til last year... now he has one left (the big banger) and has just sold it as well! Anyway, as I want to race mine in the future I was after some advice and he came up with the goods!

SO now I have a new list of parts to get!

Including:

AE93 front Disks

SV21 camry Calipers (bolt on :yak: )

Rear sway bar (always been on the list)

Front caster kit (as above)

AE93 4afc gearbox (far better ratios from his experience, even for the street)

AE101 shifter and linkages (he ran them in all his cars, cheap short shifter)

Well, the list has grown! But I will be hacking away at it over the next 12months... can't wait!

Jarrad

very true mate, its been a nice change from when I bought it. I'm not done yet either!

I'm buying a tow car (nice clean Val ute... can't wait!) so I can have the rolla as a second car. Once that happens I'm stripping the trim out and putting my perspex rear windows in... I want to get a half cage welded in as well but we will see what happens.

I'm hoping to get the above listed parts (in previous post) so I can give MRMOPARMAN a run for his money at winton... can't wait to get out there! Once I get more competetive the cage etc will go in.

Will be fun on the next GOR run!