4k-c Ke70 With 90hp @ The Wheels

Trev

Members dont see this ad

IMO this guys talking a load of shit. A grouted block means that you're going to have to run either methanol or nitromethane because the high heat of vaporisation point which provides cooling for the engine. The 4A-GE valve springs seem like a step backwards. Generally speaking twincam valve springs are much softer than push rod valve springs because they don't have to push back on a long valve train. His drivetrain claims seem pretty bullshit too. Xanys got roughly that and hes smashing "bog" warners and K50s.

IMO this guys talking a load of shit. A grouted block means that you're going to have to run either methanol or nitromethane because the high heat of vaporisation point which provides cooling for the engine. The 4A-GE valve springs seem like a step backwards. Generally speaking twincam valve springs are much softer than push rod valve springs because they don't have to push back on a long valve train. His drivetrain claims seem pretty bullshit too. Xanys got roughly that and hes smashing "bog" warners and K50s.

I can't comment I'm an A man not a K man :P

My 5K with glazed bores and single carby pulled 56rwKw. I have only ever broken 1 x K50 in 8 years of owning a corolla. That one g/box lasted 6 years with me before 2nd gear let fly.

My 5K has since had a full rebuild and a pair of 40DHLA's put on it. Still no issues with the driveline breaking. I believe the life of your gearboxes is relative to how you drive, and how rough you are.

That being said, I have 3 spare K50's down the back just in case. :P

I'm keen to see a Dyno figure on the car in question though. I'm a bit skeptical of the figure myself.

You were willing to comment in the other forum

OWNED!!!

My 5K with glazed bores and single carby pulled 56rwKw. I have only ever broken 1 x K50 in 8 years of owning a corolla. That one g/box lasted 6 years with me before 2nd gear let fly.

My 5K has since had a full rebuild and a pair of 40DHLA's put on it. Still no issues with the driveline breaking. I believe the life of your gearboxes is relative to how you drive, and how rough you are.

Exactly right, I have smashed over 20 corolla diff's and almost 20 corolla gearboxes, and it has nothing to do with massive amounts of power, I had the SC on, but that still didn't have HUGE amounts of power, I did burnouts, and lots of them, and that is when they broke.

You were willing to comment in the other forum

Yeah as they info i gave can be used on any engine, I don't know anything about k series motors.

THIS:

I can't comment I'm an A man not a K man

REFERRED TO THIS:

The 4A-GE valve springs seem like a step backwards. Generally speaking twincam valve springs are much softer than push rod valve springs because they don't have to push back on a long valve train. His drivetrain claims seem pretty bullshit too. Xanys got roughly that and hes smashing "bog" warners and K50s.
Edited by Trev