Ke70 Headlight Upgrade

Happy New Year all.

My beast has the old yellowish light rectangular selaed beams. As you are all aware, these lights are very average. Therefore I am looking for an upgrade.

I am not sure if to go for the Hella H1 replacements, and any extra relays wiring etc, ar are there any alternatives out there you guys may have tried? And yes, I have done a search, 11 pages of it.

Cheers'n'beers,

Paul

Members dont see this ad

I recently upgraded my headlights on my ke70 as i wanted to get rid of the shit standard ones. I ended up getting a "semi-sealed" light, that fitted straight in (was a replacement made for the ke70 lights). Basically the same as the standard "sealed" headlights, with the exception that there is a rubber mounting at the rear of the light, so you can interchange the bulbs in it, and thus use the H1/H4's??? I've got arctic blue ones in there now and its made a WORLD of difference :D Only got about $30 for the semi-sealed lights, then whatever for the bulbs you want :) Can see if i can find some more details in the meantime :y:

Edited by turbo_rolla

Just hit the wreckers and grab some from a hilux/hiace or any "modern" car with 5x7 rectangular headlights. Most have standard H4 replaceable bulbs and are a shitload better. Cheap too. I picked up a pair for $20... they're very common and fit straight in with no modification as they are a standard size.

Crystal semi sealed surrounds make a nice difference aswell but cost a bit more.

I got my mate a set of altezza 5x7" headlights for his T-18 and they look really good with a blue (white) bulb in them:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PAIR-ALTEZZA-7INCH-...1QQcmdZViewItem

And they are pretty cheap.

Same shit.

Just so you know, they're illegal. (most of the ebay ones anyway) You probably won't get pinged for them just driving around, but if you encounter a cop with a particularly small penis who got beaten up a lot a school who's having a bad day, you'll get a defect.

Edited by 7shades

Just so you know, they're illegal. (most of the ebay ones anyway) You probably won't get pinged for them just driving around, but if you encounter a cop with a particularly small penis who got beaten up a lot a school who's having a bad day, you'll get a defect.

Its just like the blue/white headlights are illegal but european cars are released in aus with them.

I have 100/130w H4 inserts.

I have no trouble seeing at night.

Ha, No not at all, I have some 100/130 h4 blues and they are awesome.

Yeah its quite rediculous really. I remember when xenon headlights were illegal... :) Back then when you imported a japanese car which had them you had to retrofit H4's....

If you want the actual story, the laws changed on the xenon/european headlights once the car companies themselves went through the process of proving those type of lights were ADR compliant... so now xenon is legal, at a private company's considerable expense.

Now if we had a PRO-active government, (instead of the pathetic conservative human ooze that runs the country at the moment) New technologies which may potentially increase driver safety would be explored more effectively...

rant rant rant... someone get me a megaphone and a che guevara t-shirt... quickly