Gearboxes ! ! ! !

olskool

..... why would i need to replace the clutch? the 20v clutch disk fits snugly on the input shaft and happens to have a shiteload of material left on it. why the hell would i need to replace my gearbox? its not gonna be getting a thrashing and its not gonna leak from the front seal, many a person has used the celica t50 behind a 4age in a 22

my suggestion for you olskool is to search, here, google, toymods and ae86dc to get the correct info, cos its quite clear that people have very little idea of what they are talking about I'm gonna leave it at this

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres actually a few variants of the t50, maybe someone should do a writeup

ta22 t50

t18 t50

sprinter t50 aus

sprinter t50 import

any more?

anyone know the differences?

some info comes to mind:

not sure on all of this but id like to know!

this is your 39 post opportunity to add some useful information and make some respect for yourself,

not act like a little kid and have a tantrum.

Tantrum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia A tantrum is an emotional outburst wherein higher brain functions are unable ... Usually tantrums are seen in children of the ages of 3-6 but sometimes 7-9; ...

See this is a discussion forum... and this is a thread to clarify the t50 gearbox specs as it would be great if people knew

the differences and then it would go up in the FAQ and help people out.

clutch plate slines are the same i have a fuking celica t50 hanging off my 20v

go back to school.

Edited by styler

ill let the pictures do the talking, now we are all mature adults, count them, then give my my apology

spline004.jpg 1 20v silvertop and 1 celica t50

spline006.jpg1 20v clutch

spline005.jpg and 1 t50 input spline

and styler i STRONGLY suggest you do more research, this maybe my 40th post here, but i have substantially more on a more reputable tech forum and do you all seriously think i would undertake a conversion that hasnt been done before (out side of a workshop) without doing some research?

edit* perhaps you are having the tantrum? you seem to be rejecting all rationality

oh and i shall reitterate the ONLY difference in the boxes is the output splines the earlier having 20 and the latter (ae86 and 71 ONLY TE72 has 20)

Edited by skiddz

oh and i shall reitterate the ONLY difference in the boxes is the output splines the earlier having 20 and the latter (ae86 and 71 ONLY TE72 has 20)

so the difference is that one has 20 and the other 1 has 20?

err? maybe typo dude?

dude if you read my first post properly you will realise that i have thrown up some points about the t50

gearbox for people to check on and substantiate, not a definative guide. which means some points will be right and some wont, especially when you consider i have about 15 points up there off the top of my head regarding many different

aspects of the t50 box, which cars it came in and interchangeability.

i just havent got around to changing my post to suit or do the writeup, the funny thing is i have two t50 20 splines and two t50 22 spline gearboxes in my shed and havent had time to pull them out to do the specs on them or sort out the various clutches and bellhousings i have for them.

which means you can post up what you have found out and contribute, good work.

Edited by styler

lol dude, i am aware its 20 and 22 spline output. just like your little typo error, my post was not completely accurate which i was well aware of at the time. i stated that some specs needed to be verified, it gives people something to start on and discuss seeing since no-one has written a t50 gearbox guide yet.

Edited by styler

my bad, early has 20 and latter has 22 the te72 however has the early 20 spline, but as you can all see here aside from a typo i am infact correct

you know the funny thing about all this is that you correct some information so aggressively and passionately with, well,

some more incorrect information lol.

no need to scream and shout, just point it in the right direction!

peace out!

you know the funny thing about all this is that you correct some information so aggressively and passionately with, well,

some more incorrect information lol.

no need to scream and shout, just point it in the right direction!

peace out!

mmmk i see your point it just gives me the shits when people present the wrong information, and more importantly don't search, i spend more time reading than posting, if everyone did this then there wouldnt be pissed off-ness coming from this camp i mean not 3 days ago another wookie posted the same thing on toymods here and ae86dc, and if they had searched they would know, how else do i know? cos i searched, its all been covered before

don't mind stiggzy there.

hes an angry boy at heart and likes to scream and shout.

he is awfully good fun tho.

i hope that t50 is as strong as he thinks it is...coz i know ill be gettin behind the wheel one day ;)

biggo kept breaking t50's behind his 20 valve...I'm thinking it was clutch kicking doing that. but we will see how this one goes hey :jamie:

just adding my 2 cents.

from my own findings it is the stuffed bearings that make the gearboxs leak and break. the 22 spline models are just newer. the bearing make them leak because the shaft wiggels and the oil seal does not make proper contact.

i have both in my shed, and have looked up part numbers for each.

the front seal is the same part number.

i have found random T50 in ae71 at the wreckers and te72 1981 model that i looked at had a 22 spline, and that was factory fitted.