Lukey

No you don't, i used standard 3k mounts. Have you done this conversion yourself as you seem to be quite the expert?

No not myself. just infomation from a work mate who did the 7KT into a 25 and from what ive read on here. ive heard you have to use the 7k engine mounts due to the wider block. from what you've said it looks like any K engine mounts can be use. might cause the engine to sit a tad higher tho???

Might just stay out of things in the future. Keep what knowledge i do have to myself, wouldnt want the false belief I'm an expert.

Edited by KE25 KID

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not myself. just infomation from a work mate who did the 7KT into a 25 and from what ive read on here. ive heard you have to use the 7k engine mounts due to the wider block. from what you've said it looks like any K engine mounts can be use. might cause the engine to sit a tad higher tho???

Might just stay out of things in the future. Keep what knowledge i do have to myself, wouldnt want the false belief I'm an expert.

We'll put buddy. When i did my conversion i looked at using the 7k townace mounts but they were different and then realised the 3k mounts were perfect. Hope this clears things up for you.

Cheers.

Matt.

just assuming i went ahead with the 7K myself...

could i shave the numbers off the block and ingrave

my 4k numbers so if i get pulled over by the police and

the look under the hood do u think that they would be fooled?

or is a 7k just that much bigger that its not believable that its a 1300 4k...

cheers

It's funny you mention trying to pull a swifty.. I put a 3T-C in my ke30 (i didn't stuff around with engine numbers though) and got pulled up one day, it was a little noisy so the cop wanted to inspect it and then check to see it didn't have any oil leaks. He got me to open the bonnet and i thought "shit i'm done here.." But when he looked at it he never even got sus about it! and the 3T motor looks heaps different to the 3K.

Yeah its not like every cop is into cars or has to know what every engine bay is 'supposed' to look like, most of the time much won't be said unless there's an obvious turbo/blower or a 1UZ for example shoe-horned into ke10! :D

THAT SAID, like Irokin said even if you've only gone from a 3k to a 5k, and they do notice you may need some lube! :)

Choice/gamble is yours!