ABU.SEX

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and i could just take the 20's of to clear the defect and put them back on after is that counted as breaching the defect or what ever its called??

If you were a cop, and you pulled over a car with unengineered 20" wheels, and you looked up the history of the car and saw it was given a defect notice for 20" wheels 2 months ago, doesn't matter if that defect had been cleared or not you are obviously re-offending, which in my books would count as breaching the defect.

Of course you can get them engineered, but that costs money (unless someone at your tyre shop just so happens to be a certified engineer, it's not something normal mechanics do), and it'll still make your car a cop magnet, bringing to attention anything else in the car thats illegal.

Perhaps I wasn't quite clear enough. Obviously a defect is just a notice to tell you to go and get something repaired or fixed, but in your case the 20s can't be "fixed" unless you just take them off. The RTA clearly states on its website that driving a vehicle that breaches a defect notice carry a fine as well as the loss of 1 or 3 demerit points. If the cops pull you over and you've been defected before, they'll check to see if the defects have been removed. If you're still driving around on 20" wheels, obviously the defect hasn't been removed, and you'd be screwed.

Offence Fine Points Double demerits? Law

DEFECT NOTICES/LABELS

Use vehicle in breach of minor defect notice $231 1 RT (VR) Reg 1998 Cl 84(2)

DEFECT NOTICES/LABELS

Use vehicle in breach of major defect notice $308 3 RT (VR) Reg 1998 Cl 84(2)

Mate that is referring to continuing to drive after the period which you have to fix the defect i think?

i couldnt care what you like and what you don't. I'm putting 20's on my corolla even if they defect me everyday

I'm still putting 20's my dear friend just to show you people if theres a will then theres a f@#kn way

good onya mate... I admire your determination and conviction. I'm sure you will derive immense satisfaction from saying "ha! told you so..." when you get it on the road and go cruisin... drawing stares and making women weak at the knees from a mere glimpse of your enormous wheels.

And three weeks later, when you have no licence, it will look lovely sitting in your driveway as you ride your bike past it on your way to work.

Edited by 7shades

Well, I think this has gone as far as it's going to.

I couldn't really care if you can fit tractor wheels to it. Just remember, no insurance company in creation will cover you with them on, so I hope you have a substancial bank balance to back you up when you aquaplane into someone on a wet day.

20's FTL.

:)