January 22, 200719 yr comment_160567 Hey guys havent been on here in a while, have been busy working on my rota :) But have got the bug back to work on the KE10 and was wondering what break booster i could use on my Ke10 it runs a 4k but the breaks are shit evan though i have had them serviced. Any ideas guys Thanks in advanced BJ. Report
January 22, 200719 yr comment_160569 i'm not sur of the Ke10 engine bay , but i'd say it would be quite small and you would be pushed for room . KE30's have a small diametre booster so do old datsuns ( 200b,180b) or you could look at doing a remote mount booster , talk to some performance brake shops Report
January 22, 200719 yr comment_160650 hey there.. I am in the process of doing the brakes in my KE10 and am facing the same issue.. Have been doing a bit of research and it seems that you can chuck in a booster from a KE30 or a later model with a bit of modification or use something from a Chrysler Galant.. The option I am probably going with is using a PBR VH44 remote booster, that can be mounted on the other side of the engine bay, or wherever it fits, then you can modify the brake lines/piping to suit. A mechanic I know here in Wollongong also reckons I should get the master cylinder re-sleeved and buy all new brake lines and fluid... I have tried to attach a pic from the net where a guy has done a similar mod, if it doesnt work, go to this link and check it out: http://users.bigpond.net.au/lachlan/cars/k...img/ke25_12.jpg Ill keep you posted on how mine is going.. cheers davros Report
January 22, 200719 yr comment_160667 I'm also in the middle of doing this. I have a rwd mazda 323 here thats my daily driver. It has a small diameter booster and remote reservoir. I'm thinking i might hit the wreckers and see if i can find one to throw on. Report
January 23, 200719 yr Author comment_160734 Thanks for the replys guys, I'm hoping i can fit the Ke30 brake booster as its geting done on budget and it can't come of the road as its daily driven. :) Report
January 23, 200719 yr comment_160815 I'm currently building up the front suspension for my car and was thinking about what would i need to run in terms of brake booster if I'm going to be using adm 86 brakes and calipers Report
March 16, 200719 yr comment_168486 I have a Gemeni setup that will bolt straight into a KE20/25 if anyone is interested? Report
March 17, 200719 yr comment_168631 mr ke10, are you still running stock brakes? if so...see the faq, yes changing/adding the booster will help but 4 wheel drums is likely the key issue here :P Report
March 17, 200719 yr comment_168632 i used a vh44 remote booster but mounted it where the battery used to be. Report
March 18, 200719 yr comment_168745 I wouldn't bother with a booster on a ke10. I have ke30 discs up front on my ke15 (stock m/cyl), with yoky A539 tyres. It pulls up from 100 kays in under 40 meters. The only thing the booster really does is make the pedal effort softer. It takes away pedal feel. I know this for a fact as the missus' ke16 had a subaru booster and m/cyl fitted with ke20 discs on it when we got it. It has really touchy brakes, though doesn't pull up anywhere near as quick or with as much confidence as my non boosted brakes on the '15. Both cars have A539s on them. Edited March 18, 200719 yr by Felix Report
March 19, 200719 yr comment_168848 would this idea work with my 55 setup? so i will have more pedal feel ie heavier brakes? if i leave the standard booster Report
March 19, 200719 yr comment_168861 anastasios, do you mean run no booster on your 55? I wouldn't run without a booster on a heavier car. You could always try disconnecting and plugging the booster vacuum hose to try the feel I guess. Probably the best upgrade for yours would be a set of semi-metallic pads (gives heavier pedal feel), and cooling ducts. Cheap, effective, more fade resistant, and way less rooting around than a brake upgrade. Report
March 30, 200719 yr comment_170625 mate, id go for converting it to disks all round before you start throwing money at a booster, itl improve it abit, but a booster will only brake as much as the brakes let it:) Report
March 30, 200719 yr comment_170637 putting a booster in was a lot cheaper than a disc rear end. i understand what you are saying but to get an engineeers cert most engine conversions need boosters. Report
March 31, 200719 yr comment_170656 If I wanted to do away with my Booster in my KE30 what would be a good option? Keep in mind I want to do a twin sidedraught 2T or 2TG down the track, I will also upgrade my brakes with some slotted replacement disc from DBA and VN rear pads in the front. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now