Ke30 Front Struts Problems

Trent-KE30

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had superlows and no bump stops in the front of my ae82 seca and a HJ kingswood would handle better then it, Bottomed out the struts to often and f**ked them, Went lows with bump stops and it made a 100% improvement and handled like a go kart so i was told.

this situation has got me over a barrel... :bash: i think i might go and hang myself over this tricky equation.. maybe you should just do up the one in your garage and leave it at that.. make sure u paint it midnight blue as that colour rocks!! btw corolla's kick ass...

:hmm: ;) :bash:

this situation has got me over a barrel... :bash: i think i might go and hang myself over this tricky equation.. maybe you should just do up the one in your garage and leave it at that.. make sure u paint it midnight blue as that colour rocks!! btw corolla's kick ass...

:hmm: ;) :bash:

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

To adress this problem you are going to need to find shockers out of another car, and not necessarily toyota either.

Head down to your local car parts store, and ask if you can get them to help you find a shock that has lower compressed, extended and natural state.

For instance I was going to do a TA22 strut but am now going for an RA40 strut and brake upgrade soon, I want to lower the car 2.5 to 3 inches (and this is on a KE30). So we looked trough the back of the monroe book in the reference section. Instead of using RA40 shocks, I am going to put in 83 - 86 Camry shocks. The spec all come out the same as what has to stay the same but the compressed, extended heights are 60mm lower.

If what I said hasn't made sense them pm, and let me know.