Can I Drift My Ke70 1.3?

Ke70_SR20

Hi,

I live in Trinidad and I have a ke70 with the original motor. I have been practicing drifting for the past 4 months now and Iam kind of getting the hang of it now I need LSD and a little more power was thinking of installing a power steering but I have no idea what would work...

Can anyone shine some light on this I really need the power steering to really start drifting, also would like to know what LSD diff would work on the ke70? Could I put the skyline or even self the Toyota supra?

Also is there anyone else on this forum that drifts there ke70 1.3 car?

post-2824-1169685955_thumb.jpg

post-2824-1169686290_thumb.jpg

post-2824-1169686374_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ke70_SR20

Members dont see this ad

hey there

you can weld your diff centre to help with drifting it, its not as good as a proper lsd but better than the single spinner. it maybe ilegal in your country as it is in australia.

power steering can be found in japanise ae86 but isnt needed for drift really..

the only way you can really drift a ke70 with the 4K (1.3L) is in the wet.. if you want to really have ago in the dry you will need a 4age (1.6L, efi) but that corner should be ok in the wet..

yeh man, try the wet, i've only just got a ke70 1.3 and i was driving in the wet the other night and got a little bit sideways, i wasn't pushing it either

i don't reckon power steering is that necessary, the cars pretty light as it is

With enough skill and practice you can drift quite well with a standard 4AC and an open wheel diff (Good suspension helps) I've seen some ok drifting done with that setup. He has since gotten a LSD and a GZE, so obviously it works a little better now :)

So if you practice enough a 4K should be enough until you get really good and need more power

Drifting isn't about raw power, but it sure helps. Low weight and skill are the most important things.

In the wet, I could get my KE55 1.3 so damn sideways it was funny, i loved it. I could have the arse hanging out for meters and meters and meters. I love it, it was so damn fun.

After owning my falcon for six months, i am just starting to learn how to drift it. LPG tank over the rear axle does not feel good while dooooorrriiiffffttttoooooo!

drifting vs standing the arse end out...

i doubt you be anywhere near competitive in any competition with a 4k.

using a T series diff out of a te71 and after market LSD centre bolts into ke70.

have a search around :)