K Motors Must Be Worlds Strongest

kickn5k

the datsun A12 is a phenomal motor.

my mates one in his 1200 ute, is bog stock and shit it has alot more balls than my ke70.

theres also a guy with a stock 1200 motor in a datsun 1200 and he slapped a good turbo/carby setup on it. and I'm ashamed to say, he kept up with me on the highway while i was driving the 1G powered vehicle.

that said, his motor is on the limit. mines nowhere near :P

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are they really all that strong?

Standard SR20DET will make ~400whp (200hp per liter)

Worked SR20DET will make 750whp (375hp per liter)

Standard RB26DETT will make ~475whp (183hp per liter)

Worked RB26DETT will make ~1800whp (692hp per liter)

Standard VH45DE(T) will make ~1200hp (266hp per liter)

Worked VH45DE will make ...god only knows, no ones ever been crazy enough to try!!

Standard 2JZ-GTE will make ~800whp (267hp per liter)

Worked 2JZ-GTE will make ~1500whp (500hp per liter)

Hmmm as i am having a hard time getting my head around these power figures can you explain how do these engines do this?

Do you have 190 octane fuel and 5 deg ampbient temp in qld?

As 800 horse at the wheels seems a bit hard to swallow dead stock.

stu.

Edited by kickn5k

It wouldnt of bent a rod unless you tried to push start it (if its a manual) as the start motor will try to apply a force and will cut out at a high pressure.

thats the thing, we did try and push start it, a couple of times, 3 or 4 guys pushing it, it skided for about 2 meters!!

lucky it weights all of 700kg then :P

Hmmm as i am having a hard time getting my head around these power figures can you explain how do these engines do this?

Do you have 190 octane fuel and 5 deg ampbient temp in qld?

As 800 horse at the wheels seems a bit hard to swallow dead stock.

stu.

Stock bottom end ?

He meant the 2JZ. They all vary in the extent of "stockness" but they all retain the standard bottom end. Engines like the VH45DE+T remain almost completely standard and make that kind of power. You'll probably find they're fairly fresh rebuilds too. Making that kinda power on a 150,000km engine is next to impossible.

The fuel needed varies from engine to engine however I doubt its over 110 octane for most (more for the worked motors). You're welcome to use 100/130 Avgas in your 5K if you want...

Yes have tried race fuel(turbomax ELF) in my car and as we thought before hand no power was gained as comp is only 10.5:1.

800whp would make it over 1000hp at crank and would be too much even for a 2j to handle, and when i meant strongest i meant for time and the fact it is unbrakable.

stu.

Well they are a crazy engine then, And alot of those summernats type dyno days tend to be configed very "happy".

If stock bottom end is forgies then yes its very easy to get that power but the tune would have to be spot as they arent as low as 7:8 to 1 comp. That sort of power must have masive combustion pressure. This engine is now then elevated to my cool list :

4age : at 8500rpm has a piston speed of a S/B chev at 19,000rpm "wrong"

rb30et : Why use a rb26 head have made well over 400 wrkw in builds for mates

Lancia delta s4 : worlds first turbo/supercharged car factory preped cars have seen 1000hp and 1.8l

and no lag.

2jz-gte : I thought 800hp at crank was cool but at wheels thats insane.

if only it would fit in an unbutchered ke-11.

Stu.

2j can make 800 rwhp on a stock bottom end...so they say

dude I have heard the wacky weed up there is good but not that good.

I've just done some sums n that is well over 1000hp at the crank. It just doesn't add up for a completely stock bottom end. I have heard n seen results of these bottom ends stock n worked n they're very impressive but what your saying is a little far fetched ;)