Got A Small Penis?

7shades

Yeah mikey... I know you're not all bad. Nothing personal just making a massive generalisation.

Unfortunately most of the imagery and culture that oozes out of the US doesn't portray a very realistic or flattering portrait of Mr Joe USA on the international forum.

Its even more unfortunate that most of the people who consume it aspire to emulate it.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree; but playing into stereotypes is dangerous.

I mean; aren't all austrailians named Bruce, alcoholic criminals and have an I.Q. of 70? :jamie:

Nah your way off, We walk around in stubbies and singlets with a bottle of XXXX or VB in our hand, don't forget the mullet and the unconditional love for the Vk commodore and the all mighty V8.

Woops sorry thats the Australian bogan :wink:

Just remember, we have a forum member from Australia called Bruce... :wink:

But the rest of the stereotype doesn't fit his decription in the slightest thank God!!

I must admit that I don't agree with stereotyping, but I do think your average "Yank" (definitely not you Mikey... You little Corolla lovin', anime watchin' fella you) brings it upon themselves. Why is it that "Colour" and "Flavour" have to be spelled without the U?? Or "recognised" or "utilise" have a "Zee" in them?? Was the rift with the British that nasty back in the day that someone decided "Hey, we are still gonna use their language, but twist it a little to make it American??" :y:

Another thing I have a constant giggle about is that everyone seems to be so scared to swear in forums!! I see people in a sneaker forum I post in doing stuff like Sh!t, a$$, B!tch, c***, fk. For God sake!! Its the f@$king internet!! If you want to swear, bloody do it!! All your Gangsta-rap superstars aren't afraid of it!! Why are stereotypical "yanks" afraid of typing "BITCH" or "ASS" (which is mis-spelled anyway!!) Its not that offensive anyway!! And if it is sooo offensive, why must you type "Mah b!tch has a fly a$$!!" in the first place??

I also noticed that stereotypically, everyone in America seems to be so "God fearing"... This sneaker forum has an "Official Scripture thread"... and whats worse... it has around 80 or 90 pages of posts!! The forum as a whole, is populated mainly by 15-30yo guys and girls from all over the world, and from many different backgounds, yet the "Official Scripture Thread" is nearly all posts from Bronx-living, gangsta-rap listening, "lay a nigga out with my 9, and go shag some b!itch in the a$$, and go play some (basket)ball, aight" black kids!! I'm sure if you are so religious, you shouldn't be bragging in other forums how you have fighting, cheating on your girl and running from the cops!!

:jamie:

Now...

Being that I work in a nightclub bar, we have a lot of tourists coming thru. The Americans we have are usually some of the funniest, politest, nicest customers we have!! So much better behaved than the locals, and often are very accommodating and understanding when they are refused alcohol Responsible service and all that shit... Friends of my parents often travel to the USA for holidays, and have met some really, really awesome people there!! Some of the Americans they have met have come to Tassie to stay, and I've had awesome, enlightening conversations about cars, music, politics with these people!! I imagine you'd be in this bracket of "nice, regular, friendly Americans" Mikey!!

The way I see it is that America wonders why the whole world seems to be laughing at them. Its the stereotypical gun-toting, V8 pick-up driving, trucker-cap wearing, Bourbon-swilling, National-pride, swear-on-the-flag, loud, extraverted American that has caused it ALL!! While the regular, 'normal', just like us kinda guys like Mikey cop all the bullshit and get tarred with the same brush!!

Therefore, just coz someone is from the "land of the free", doesn't mean they are gonna be a moron, hillbilly f@$kwit like their president!!

Thats my 2c worth anyway... :lol:

Edited by st.nick

i might just suggest, where we differ is the way we respond to the critiscisms/stereotypes. As you may have noted the majority of aussies think its piss funny to act like steve urwin and be all crikey and that, or really to say yes thats us and embrace the stereotypes as a source of humour (our own and for other cultures). We can come accross as offensive due to this. Wheras other nations are instantly offended when you stereotype them. Cultural cringe i think its called. Not Just the USA but thats the example we have here. It is not personal, it is general. Just play along or it comes accross like you are too much like the stereotype to have objectivity. My 2c. Ps i have american friends who break this mould, I'm only speaking in general terms. peace.

Matt

sneaker forum? how much can one say about their adidas gazelles? :lolcry:

They are mostly Nike Air Jordan freaks. Like every forum, there are some very knowledgeable, helpful, funny, great guys and girls on there... But there are also a lot of f@$khead, wastes of bandwidth!! :lolcry:

Corollas, BMWs, sneakers and DJing... Thats me.