Rwd Auto 4age

decoop

I have just brought my first ae71. I just did a search, i was gunna ask about putting a twin cam head on the 4ac, but heard it was a waste of time. mine is an auto and that was why i was trying to find out so i did'nt have to piss fart around with flywheels. Having said that, has anyone bolted a 4age up to the standard auto?. What is involved?

Members dont see this ad
I have just brought my first ae71. I just did a search, i was gunna ask about putting a twin cam head on the 4ac, but heard it was a waste of time. mine is an auto and that was why i was trying to find out so i did'nt have to piss fart around with flywheels. Having said that, has anyone bolted a 4age up to the standard auto?. What is involved?

u don't have to change your crossmember as the 4age will bolt to the ae71. you will have to get a 8 bolt flexplate(flywheel) get one off a 4age bigport auto and your ae71 converter bolts to this, then its pretty easy after all that

something different? thats weird just go manual

Thats why i'm doin an auto coz everyone goes manual. so if there a trimatic they will have no probs handling the power of a 4agte. or i might save my money and just put a 1uzfe in it :jamie:

i.m a big fan of the sleeper look so it will be sly no matter what i put in it.

If they are a trimatic (I'm still not sure...) then std they will fall appart if you throw turbo grunt at them! If they are basically the same box as the Holden ones then the can be modded to handle alot of grunt.

They run trimatics behind vl turbo engines, they just have to be made "bulletproof" as such. If your running a stocker it wouldnt be such an issue.

Remember, they call them a traumatic for a reason... otherwise goodluck!