Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Detailing Thread

Featured Replies

So here is where we discuss detailing products we use and how effective they are. Photo evidence with before and after shots WILL be required.

 

I'll create a list in this first post to give people a guide on what is best to use for their car.

  • Kitten Cream Cut & Polish No. 2
  • Kitten Liquid Cut & Polish

Cheers

Raven

Edited by Raven

  • Author

So I'll also make the second post. ;)

 

I'll post some photo evidence of how well the Kitten Cream Cut & Polish No. 2 works.

 

I swear by this stuff and you'll see why in the following pic.

 

post-600-1173539229_thumb.jpg

Edited by Raven

I like meguires mag wheel cleaner (the one in the pink bottle), meguires metal polish (and pretty much all of meguires other products!!).

 

Can't get by without a GOOD QUALITY chamois!

 

ummm I'll be cleaning my car again next week, I'll take photos!!!

 

Lesley ;)

i find the kitten cut 'n polish ok but needs to be polished again straight away with normal polish or the shine doesn't seem to last very long.

for really bad oxydation (spelling??), you can't go past the autoglym paint renovator, bring s then shine back really well

Edited by pozman

Polyglaze diamond finish polish, That shit is that good that i actually had some color to my paint and it was shiny, I don't have an after shot so i will throw up a before and get throw up an after when i get 1.

 

post-1373-1173567544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trev

so when you guys are doing the polishing, are you doing it by hand or with a machine???

i always polish by hand i have never gotten a finsih I'm happy with using a machine

I do it by hand, I threw my buff out the other day (only used once).

  • Author

Random Orbital buffs leave swirl marks. If you're going to use a machine, get a proper buff with the correct buffing pad. :P

 

Only if you have a spare $250 though ;)

Edited by Raven

  • Author
i find the kitten cut 'n polish ok but needs to be polished again straight away with normal polish or the shine doesn't seem to last very long.

 

I hope when you used it you did it in the shade on cold panels and not luke-warm panels because that affects the finish.

Edited by Raven

always.

 

i found the mothers gold carnuba wax polish to be the best.

Edited by JC807

I've never used the machine, never will...the next polish I'm going to try is Meguires Tech wax (on the rolla) but the MR2 is looking quite sad, I was going to do it tomorrow (if I get all my work done today) but I'm not looking foward to my arms falling off from the exertion!

 

I will absolutely post before and after pics because anything will be an improvement to the duco on the 2:)

 

;)

  • Author

I plan on getting a proper buff (as I used to use one when I was detailing for Metro Holden in the New and Used Car Departments) as they are freakin' awesome and your arms don't drop off after 4 hours of cutting and polishing because it only takes 1 hour to do it all ;)

Since I drive a banged up daily, About the only time its gets washed is when it rains. I have washed it once in the last year, and that was at a DIY car wash and I used the built in polish. I was worried that washing all the dirt and crap off it would make it fall apart as I thought that the dirt was holding the car together. I was wrong

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.