3t Into A Ta22 Celica? Anyone?

Isaac_TA22

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a 3tgte in my ta22 it looks like it just droped it i didnt put it in but i did do all the turbo stuff goes good i think its all the same..

3t will be very easy to just drop in.

Hybrid may involve modding the accelerator cable (bnot 100% sure though)

Let me know exactly what parts you are after...i may be able to help put you in contact with the right people

Well baisicly i need a 3t block with pistons and crank, well pretty much everything but the head because i want to put the 2tg yamaha twin cam head on it, which i allso need to find. don't need a gear box because I'm pretty shure the one on the back of my 2t shud bolt up

Edited by Isaac_TA22

Well baisicly i need a 3t block with pistons and crank, well pretty much everything but the head because i want to put the 2tg yamaha twin cam head on it, which i allso need to find. don't need a gear box because I'm pretty shure the one on the back of my 2t shud bolt up

Yes, the t50 from your 2t will bolt up.

The head wont fit on the 3tc bottom end, the valves will hit the pistons, which have an enormous mountain situated on them. The 2t pistons have a much smaller bump on them. If i remember correctly there is no point in putting a 3tc in instead of a 2tc because the factory power figures are almost the same. Just put the twin cam 1600 together, they are a much better head.

The head wont fit on the 3tc bottom end, the valves will hit the pistons, which have an enormous mountain situated on them. The 2t pistons have a much smaller bump on them. If i remember correctly there is no point in putting a 3tc in instead of a 2tc because the factory power figures are almost the same. Just put the twin cam 1600 together, they are a much better head.

yeah i know there fairly the same power figures, but i realy just want a 3t for its crank, I'm going to boar it out to around 2 liters and put some forged pistons in it

forged pistons are not neccesary unless its turbo. Boring it out is old school, and stupid. Besides the difference in capacity would not even get close to two liters. You really need to do some research, especially towards your compression ratio, because neither 2t or 3t pistons would be suitable.

If you use the 2tg head on a 3t block you can bore it out to around 1972 cc from memory, you just need valve reliefs machined in the pistons, get some forgies and up the comp around 10.5 to 1 with a set of carbies and cams and you will have a quick little engine. Do a search on the net for 2tg 3t hybrid and you will find your info. Just have to be patient.

Josh

Or if your feeling a little perky you could bore it out 84.5mm (think thats right, its the same size slugs as the 18R) into the coolent passages and drop in sleeves. Something like over 2litres.

Plus use the 4y crank = 2250cc

Plus side is asking people to figure out the capacity of the motor.

Negative side is that the motor, depending on treatment, will be short lived. Short rods on a long stroke crank isn't all that good.