Sr20det Into Ke55 Coupe And Engineering Laws

Osmosis6176

I live down at carlton, just past sorell.

Well i'm gonna stick with the 6 speed til i decide to upgrade and get more power, then i'll convert to 5 speed. The car is being resprayed black. Was black before but was a crappy paint job so now me and dad are respraying it.

Yeah i was thinking about weatherhead to do my tailshaft, just gotta source to gearbox yolk first, which is proving to be rather difficult.

Anthony

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
hey buddy I'm doin a sr20 det conversion in my ke55 at the moment

if ya want ill let u no what u have to do and all the rest as i find out! just

give us an email and ill let u no johnny T

Ive been considering the same conversion at the moment just trying to price it all up if you could give a rough price that would be great

Love your work jonny t , this thing is coming along real good.

It has come a fair way pretty quick.

To make the clutch setup, it is easier to start with a ta22 pedal box,

cut its clutch pedal off, and make that suit the ke pedal box.

Keep us informed

y didnt the gearbox cum with a yolk when you gt it??

johnnyt

Nissan tailshafts are disposable from memory, so the stock yoke is a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, on your hunt for a yoke, it may be worth trying the wreckers for RX8, MX5 or IS200 6 speed yokes. They're all the same box internally (apart from the ratios), and I'd think there's a chance the yokes may fit.

Hey mate, awesome job you're doing there. I'm doing the exact same conversion myself actually. Have been for the last year and a half actually lol. Just been lacking the motivation to get it going.

My motor is the S15 version. I'm only running the standard T28 to start with. What turbo have you got there? She's looking good so far. I've only gotta get a tailshaft made up, which is proving difficult as I can't seem to source a yolk for the 6 speed box anywhere, and the cooler piping and exhaust. Then I'm all set to have a drive of her.

The funny thing is your dash looks almost identical to mine. Same guages and everything lol. I'm about a half an hours drive from Hobart.

SR corollas represent haha.

Cheers,

Anthony

• 3 weeks later...

oh ok thanks ill have to get one and have a look at it to see what i have to do.. thanks mate it would nearlly be on the road but i had big troubles with the old spray painter/panel beater.. but should have it bak around christmas to put engine in and get it wired :) can't wait ill keep pics posted!!

the price for me i hate to say it but to give you an over view of my project..

$4000 for half cut

$7000 to get it put in with intercooler exaust

$2600 to get diff rebuilt and put in (hilux disc lsd)

$1800 front struts and brakes (r32 4 pot on celica ra40 struts 285mm disc)

thats a few big expenses ive got all new sway bars shocks top mount turbo manifold and t3 t4 turbo and new wheels tacho dash. aftermarket computer ect so including all that + more when its painted and wired up i would prob have spent $27,000 ish just depends how far you wanna go and how much $$$ you have or if your willing to work for it! hope this gave you a fair idea johnnyt

I would be buying a new yoke and uni's from a tail shaft shop. My car broke the standard Ca18det yoke so i had to upgrade to a after market type one which meant a nother new tailshaft. Depending on what power you are chasing i would be talking to the shop and seeing what your options are. I know my 2nd one will handle 450hp+ which is good piece of mind as the 1st one let go at 300hp