Ke10/11 Making It Handle!!

Hey Myles,

Sorry forgot to post up here on the change to car, IT is the most value for money modification i have ever done!!

car now sits reasonably flat on corners(still deciding if in need a rear one), and alot more stable at 100kmh hwy speeds. It ended up costing me trade price $185 for the bar and $100 to fit it at my local(Frankston) peders.

As ROL-110 said to me "its one of those mods you wish you had done at the start"

In short yes they make a big difference to the way the ke-1x`s handle.

I`ll post some photos tomorrow if it stops raining.

stu.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 years later...

Ancient thread resurrection directed at kickn5K

Stu, your Selby front bar, does it have any issues with the front caliper fouling? Like you, I am planning on putting in the KE55 brakes.

Researching around the net, it appears they are probably made to the same masters as the whiteline bars, but possibly Selby's may be more accommodating in massaging the bar slightly in manufacture to prevent this. A zillion years ago (1980's), the Selby guys were always very helpful, and my Whiteline experience with the AE86 (n = 1) encourages me to speak with Selby again.

If you have a photo showing contact, I would be grateful.

Ancient thread resurrection directed at kickn5K

Stu, your Selby front bar, does it have any issues with the front caliper fouling? Like you, I am planning on putting in the KE55 brakes.

Researching around the net, it appears they are probably made to the same masters as the whiteline bars, but possibly Selby's may be more accommodating in massaging the bar slightly in manufacture to prevent this. A zillion years ago (1980's), the Selby guys were always very helpful, and my Whiteline experience with the AE86 (n = 1) encourages me to speak with Selby again.

If you have a photo showing contact, I would be grateful.

Yep my front bar hits the calipers at full lock. Sort of used to it now and just drive around the issue(pump brakes after a u-turn etc). I rarely hit full lock in normal driving situations, one thought I had was to install a lock stop. But after cold pressing my rear bar a bit, I may try this on the front.

I'll get a couple of photos of it where it hits tomorrow for you.

They are very good to deal with. They do make full custom too. Wouldn't use any other brand.

Hi there Parrot if you have a look thru Thomas thread(TOMMYS Ke 11) you will see we fitted the whiteline sway bar to his ke11 and did have problems with it hitting his brake calipers but after a bit of cold pressing we now can get full lock and as Stu (kickn5k) said best mod you could ever make. There are also pictures showing how much we had to press the bar i hope this is of some help.

Cheers:- Stuart (Thomas dad).

Edited by TOMMYS Ke 11

Yep my front bar hits the calipers at full lock. Sort of used to it now and just drive around the issue(pump brakes after a u-turn etc). I rarely hit full lock in normal driving situations, one thought I had was to install a lock stop. But after cold pressing my rear bar a bit, I may try this on the front.

I'll get a couple of photos of it where it hits tomorrow for you.

They are very good to deal with. They do make full custom too. Wouldn't use any other brand.

So Selby are signature?, if he makes custom bars and already does Front ke10's ones, just a idea, but someone should get him to cold press his old style one thats hit on the calipers, like Tommys ke10's setup, so it clears , and then he can rejig his bars for ke10's

so they are all sweet from here on in...

cheers

darren

Hi there Darren thanks for the kind words ,if you have had a look at Thomas thread you will also see a diagram of my desingn for the front bar which i really do think would be a much better swaybar if someone could make them tell me what you think it might be worth looking at????.

Cheers:- Stuart (Thomas dad).

Thanks Stu & Stuart

I will get in touch with Selby direct and have a chat about it. Hopefully they may be happy to adapt the masters as likely many people will elect to upgrade to disc front ends.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks Stu & Stuart

I will get in touch with Selby direct and have a chat about it. Hopefully they may be happy to adapt the masters as likely many people will elect to upgrade to disc front ends.

I'll let you know how I get on.

I would have thought, in this day and age, anyone fitting a front sway bar, would have fitted at least ke20 discs first

i could be wrong, be suprised if i was though

hopefully they are interested

cheers

darren

I have a whiteline sway bar on my 10 but I made all my own mountings, I also

Modified the bar the same way as on tommys to avoid caliper ( which I have

Experienced before, not fun) and this is a great upgrade, but my biggest handling

Improvement came from getting 1.5 degree of negative camber. The car is now

very enjoyable to drive through the twisty bits.

Cheers Justin.